PDA

View Full Version : For all Ontario riders who can't get ownership for their trikes..

dougspcs
06-17-2011, 07:45 PM
Hi guys, so I got the 350x from a guy in Wallaceburg who wasn't the registered owner..

I found a fairly easy way to get it..

1st, go into the MTO with the VIN and a hand written receipt. Ask for the buyers package for the trike..then pay the $20 and leave.

On the package is the name and town of the last registered owner..use Canada 411 to locate the person, hopefully they are alive. Call the person and talk nice into asking them if they wouldn't mind signing a receipt saying you bought the trike from them. Or if you can't find the person..cheat and make your own and sign that name. But I didn't tell you to do that..that one's on you!!

2nd, go back to the MTO with the receipt signed by the previous owner and the buyers package. They will issue you an ownership in your name and plates..for a fee of course.

Worked like a charm for me!!

No need for the whole affidavit BS and all the hassle it comes with..

hillbilly 200x
06-17-2011, 10:05 PM
yes this works great I have done this a few times. just dont try and do it more then two times in months. lol doesn't go over very good

honda4h
06-17-2011, 11:27 PM
the first receipt who's name is that going to be in? i live in a small town. in the office a guy can be remembered. i did this. not the same way but close. i found out the guys name that used to own it and singed it myself. sold to me. well it was the Lady's dad that owned the bike and was dead for 6 years.and i had a bill of sale not 1 week old.and to make matters worse it was stolen 16 years ago.so a i talked to the cops over that one. lost the bike. and no charges on the forgery. not my hand whiting. and i said i got it off a guy from i-sell and picked the bike up at Tim Horton's with that bill of sale. just be careful. 1 in a 100,000,Chance.

Lord Letto 20
06-17-2011, 11:44 PM
Just wondering but what is the Fee for Ownership and Plates? What infomation needs to be on the Handwritten receipt? What if the Vin comes up Stolen, then What?

dougspcs
06-18-2011, 07:01 AM
Well if it's stolen you're probably boned, but if the VIN can still be read off the frame it probably isn't since thieves like to cover their tracks by removing it.

Receipt must have: date, sold from/to, how much, year, make, VIN, signature of seller & buyer.

$20 for buyer package, $35(I think) for new ownership & plate, plus tax for on purchase price.

That will get 'er dun son!!

Jason125m
06-18-2011, 11:38 AM
I've never had to buy a buyers package when getting ownership for my trikes. All i bring is a Bill of sale, written out to 100 bucks, so i can save on tax. I've only had one trike not come with an ownership though. I try to stay away from those. Too scared it could be stolen.

dougspcs
06-18-2011, 01:11 PM
I live in a fairly small community where everyone knows eachother or at least has mutual friends..

I don't have a problem buying without ownership since I know where to find the seller if it turns bad.

No ownership is a bargaining chip to get a lower price..it's how I talked the guy from $1600 to $1300 for my 350x!!