PDA

View Full Version : Honda 110

Moose218
06-14-2011, 10:00 PM
Hi I am new to the three wheeler world and i have a 110 that is stuck between 1st and 2nd gear, not high or lo range. I am wondering how i get accese to the gears to investigate the situation at hand. Which side of the engine to take apart what i have to take apart to get to them or if i have to pull the engine and need any special tools for the job. Thanks

shortline10
06-14-2011, 10:02 PM
Pull the right side clutch cover and look at the shifter paw stopper as its prob broken or come loose . You dont need to remove the motor to check this .

three_wheelin45
06-14-2011, 10:04 PM
i believe its the right side you pull off... the shift forks might be damaged.

H2Sbass
06-15-2011, 01:04 PM
One note, if you do tear into that clutch you'll need a special tool. Not sure what it is called but it kinda resembles a socket with 4 "pins" protruding from it. The tool should be available from honda, if not check out DrATV.com. Actually, check out their site anyways, it's very good. I'm not sure if you could remove that nut by means of a more "homebrewed" method as I've never tried. Good luck, hope it's something simple. ;)

three_wheelin45
06-15-2011, 01:09 PM
One note, if you do tear into that clutch you'll need a special tool. Not sure what it is called but it kinda resembles a socket with 4 "pins" protruding from it. The tool should be available from honda, if not check out DrATV.com. Actually, check out their site anyways, it's very good. I'm not sure if you could remove that nut by means of a more "homebrewed" method as I've never tried. Good luck, hope it's something simple. ;)

You dont need no special tool, for the clutches?? I never used no special tool, all them "special tools" only make the work easyer, there is allways a hard way/original way. how do you think they made that "special tool"? by doing it to much the hard way :mad:

Ironbnder
06-15-2011, 01:20 PM
You dont need no special tool, for the clutches?? I never used no special tool, all them "special tools" only make the work easyer, there is allways a hard way/original way. how do you think they made that "special tool"? by doing it to much the hard way :mad:

He is refering to the 4 prong socket that removes the clutch nut. With it you back the nut off with am impact wrench and continue with repairs. Without it, you try and cram pennys in gears or wood blocks in the sprockets and you beat on the nut with chisels and punches. I prefer the "special tool".

Moose218
06-15-2011, 01:27 PM
yes i have seen this tool working on my snowmobiles they can be easily made from an impact socket the correct size and a little manipulation with a metal blade and a file and there ya have it

rdlsz24
06-15-2011, 02:23 PM
Yes they are easy to make with a Dremel. It's not pretty but it works like a charm

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/rdlsz24/ATC/clutchtool.jpg

Rob

bigworm626
06-15-2011, 02:35 PM
Three wheelin45,
Doing it the hard way! Me likie. Old school stuff.

jr315rn
06-15-2011, 04:07 PM
what size ?

H2Sbass
06-19-2011, 10:11 AM
Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of experience with "make it work" tactics. My god you should see my truck, Its made cops actually laugh because of some of the bush inspried repairs. When it comes to these old bikes though I say try to do it right cause there is nothing worse than mangling a part that is no longer in production or hard to find. It's bad enough trying to find metric hardware to replace broken or stripped bolts/screws, and I'm from a country that "uses" the metric system. That modified socket looks pretty acceptable though, I'm more knockin' on the idea of pennies and punches. Not sayin' they won't work, just riskier that's all.