PDA

View Full Version : i really need help with my 79 honda 110's electrical

zombiek1ng
06-14-2011, 11:17 AM
ok, i put a new coil and cendecer on, still no spark, it looks like the guyi bought it from disconected all the wires from the front and rear lights and the off on off switch. so i dont know were those go, i checked the alt with a checker deal (cant remeber the name, but it has the red and black needle things). if i can rememer right, i was getting between 2.5-5 volts. next i checked the plug wire, i put one sencer thing into the plug cap, and one on the head, pulled the cord, and it shot through the roof with volts, idk wat to do. i have looked at the wiring diagram hundreds of times, but i cant get it to spark at all. please help. if needed i can get pics or vid of everything, just ask.

ctbale
06-14-2011, 02:53 PM
Super simple elec system on the 110. All you need for spark is the black wire from the eng, to go to the black/white wire on the coil, it should also somehow go to the head/points. thats it. I would unplug the black wire to your kill switch to get that out of the picture for now, if your switch is bad (closed all the time) you will never get spark. The black wire coming from the eng should have, hmmm ... 2 to 3 ohms to ground, and unplug the yellow wire for now too, that just runs the lights. So its black to the coil, and to the points, thats it.

Jon Boy
06-14-2011, 04:34 PM
Honda Wiring Diagrams (http://www.3wheelerworld.com/content.php?187-honda-wiring-diagram-section)

Thorpe
06-14-2011, 06:39 PM
Check the coil mount locations. These are the coils chassis ground... Clean them to bare metal.

zombiek1ng
06-14-2011, 07:41 PM
allright, just spent about 4 hours checkin, pulling the cord, then checking again. i now have a intermediat and week spark, i had a friend whos ex air force, used to work on jets elect. hes also stumped, we did manage to get at least a very weak intermediat spark.
can someone please maybe send some pics of the whole wire set up? i HAVE the diagram, but it is kinda confusing me as my wires have been redone by the past owner.
i really want to get this fixed by this weekend, i bought the trike for my girlfriend, and she comes back sunday. its a suprize.

Vealmonkey
06-14-2011, 09:37 PM
I haven't heard you mention the points at all. Check your points for proper gap. Also you need to static time your engine and set your valve lash. You may need a points file to file down any carbon build up on your contacts to make sure you have a proper gap. You may want to try a fresh spark plug as well. Make sure your spark plug is properly gapped. Good luck.

zombiek1ng
06-15-2011, 12:03 AM
i have a new plug , but i culd not get any spark at all. so i used the old plug, and thats wat im gettin spark with. and wat about this gap, how will i know if it is spaced right.. ect...

just ben
06-15-2011, 12:22 AM
try a gap gauge. 1.00 at autozone

Vealmonkey
06-15-2011, 01:03 AM
Try downloading a shop manual for free off the internet for your trike also.

ctbale
06-15-2011, 05:25 AM
clean, file or replace your points, I set max gap at .012", THEN set them to open at the F mark, use a meter to verify that they open at that point. people have been 'bit" by the wire going to the points, and where they connect to the points, there should be some insulating washers, that points wire should not be seeing ground when the points are open. Sounds like you might be better off puttin an ad on craigslist, saying "come time my honda, and I will buy you a case of beer" If I still drank, I would be heading over to your house, and your bike would be running 5 mins after I got there, if i didnt start drinkin first! LOL

zombiek1ng
06-15-2011, 03:19 PM
thats exactly wat i was thinking about doing, puting a ad up lol. im about to pull my hair out here lol.