PDA

View Full Version : Piston ring size

Atc2484
06-13-2011, 10:21 AM
Hi everyone I am thinking about redoing the top end on my Honda 185s. I took the top end off and the cylinder walls don't look to bad. Would it be good enough just to hone out the sleeve and put in new rings? If so what size of rings do I buy and how do I tell which size to buy, also is their like a honing tool you can buy to hone it by yourself? Thanks for the help

shortline10
06-13-2011, 11:38 AM
Cylinder will need to be checked for roundness and wear limits by a qualified person . If your on the std bore it would be 63mm I believe . Take it to your local dealer and see if they will help .

Hi everyone I am thinking about redoing the top end on my Honda 185s. I took the top end off and the cylinder walls don't look to bad. Would it be good enough just to hone out the sleeve and put in new rings? If so what size of rings do I buy and how do I tell which size to buy, also is their like a honing tool you can buy to hone it by yourself? Thanks for the help

Atc2484
06-14-2011, 02:06 PM
if i do decide to bore the cylinder out what size piston do you recomend?

Xpress
06-14-2011, 02:13 PM
Generally you just get the next size up from what you currently are bored out to. The best thing to do is take it to someone who can check the diameter, check the round-ness of it, and can bore it.

atctim
06-14-2011, 02:34 PM
Who ever checks it will let you know what size you need. Depending on how out of round it is , damaged it is, etc