PDA

View Full Version : ATC 200S Help

kward
06-12-2011, 05:19 PM
ATC will idle great/smooth for about 3 minutes then goes to die but only for a split second then returns to normal idle, this process repeats itself the entire time the engine is idling. If I stab the throttle real quick I get nothing, if I gradually raise the throttle I can reach full rpm. New spark plug, new air filter, new carb out of box today, new cobra exhaust with no jet upgrades, new gas, no air leaks. When adjusting idle mixture screw motor doesn't die until almost nearly seated, motor will idle whether it is 1 turn or 2 1/4 turns out. Have adjusted needle clip from lean to rich with no real changes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot everybody!!!

Frankencelery
06-12-2011, 05:29 PM
The cobra exhaust will lean you out, but I wouldn't think it would cause that issue. Is this issue since the new carb? If so, where'd you get the carb and how much did you pay for it?

muthey
06-12-2011, 06:02 PM
it's either the carb, where the needle set jet is, or check your w clip is, it may not be holding properly just had that issue with my dx, also check to see if you are flooding out into our airbox, or intake have had that issue as well