PDA

View Full Version : Went for a little ride today

mrmello
06-09-2011, 11:53 PM
Went out after work with a buddy and his ytm 200. The Dx ran great. Still have a tick in the top end, sounds like a valve, or maybe an exhaust leak, Either way it has been running great.

Tried out the helmet cam today and All the video was pointing at the ground!! Lol oh well now I know for next time. Got this little tid bit from my buddy holding the camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRWb0dfkbgQ

zombiek1ng
06-09-2011, 11:56 PM
haha, it looks so weird watching you move forward, sideways.

mrmello
06-10-2011, 12:25 AM
ha ha ya it was a deep rut from a tractor. Too bad the rest of the footage was crap we went through so pretty deep water and mud

big red hemi
06-10-2011, 07:16 AM
that yamy plows through the mud mud pretty good what kinda tires you running?

Yamaha3wheeler
06-10-2011, 07:25 AM
Have you tried adjusting your valves? I'm pretty sure Yamaha recommends adjusting them every 6 months or so.

mrmello
06-10-2011, 08:24 PM
I just did a valve set.

Its got kenda vampires on the rear and they actually suck if ya ask me lol

Taiser
06-10-2011, 09:27 PM
The Yammy Tick was bad on mine before I sold it. I also thought it was the valves, but after tons of valve adjustment I tore the head apart and found it was caused by over revving the motor which wore out the valve rockers mounts, a common issue. They just sit in the engine head with no bearings and then they elongate the mounting holes in the head. Only remedy is a new head! Why yamaha did not put a bearing in there is beyond me!! :(

On a happy note, aside from being annoying I ran it like that for years with no issue!

mrmello
06-11-2011, 04:55 PM
lol its got a new head on it as well. Oh well I am not worried about it at all. Its running great and I just tweaked the mount on the helmet cam and I am heading out for a nice afternoon rip on it again lol