PDA

View Full Version : 85 big red 250es????

Big Reddy
06-08-2011, 07:11 PM
Hi all this is my first post here on the forum and it wont be my last it looks good in here anyway I have a 85 big red 250 act and it had some starter gears go into the stator flywheel assy and it lost spark my origanal setup had 2 wires on the pulser coil and when I ordered the parts of of ebay I got the whole cover stator,flywheel,pulser coil as one of the same year bike but the pulser coil only has one wire on it.I was told that if I am changing the stator and pulser together that it would work. Well it does but I have such little weak spark that you can barely feel it and just barely see it very very weak what could I be missing the coil and cdi is also good as it works on another bike just fine my kill switch is also bypassed but it has never changed it was like that when it was running um so what the heck could be the issue oh and I also get a green nuetral light when I kick it so its doin something right. Can a faulty starter soliniod cause no spark or weak spark? Thanks all and look forward to being a part of this forum!!!!!!!!11

Thorpe
06-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Clean your grounds... Especially at the ignition coil.