PDA

View Full Version : Cool I'm Stoked!

mirthgrinder
06-04-2011, 03:45 PM
A couple of months back I snagged a 1985 ATC250ES Big Red. I have been patiently acquiring parts from Flea-Bay, Craigs-List, Amazon and on the boards here. It paid off today when I put everything back together, added gas and charged the battery. With the choke on, I grimly hit the starter button, fully expecting something to fudge-up.

The Honda gods were a-smiling! Turned over twice and FIRED RIGHT UP! The wife pulled her car into the driveway as this was happening, she got out of the car and just rolled her eyes...

Sorry, Just HAD to tell someone who would appreciate a total carb re-build, parts acquisition, wrenching and more wrenching, cussing, throwing tools, Pulling hair, etc...etc...

Kudos go out to: Captain Wheezy (Front Fender, Header Pipe, 20 amp fuse assembly with starter solenoid and side kick-start cover) Big Sal (Original Muffler assembly, PAINTED EVEN!) and Gus0320 on e-pay for an original gas tank...(I still need to restore/repaint it)

I really appreciate this board and all of the information I found here....

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!

p. s. : I originally posted this to the open forum, but at the advice of dcreel, I re-posted it here!

250rmanfmf
06-04-2011, 04:46 PM
Love hearing this stuff. Hondas are great machines. Let them sit for years and change gas and they fire right up.

mohadib
06-04-2011, 05:36 PM
good to hear it man. the first time a machine fires up after you bring it back to life is an awesome moment, great feeling. Hope you get a long life and lots of joy from your BRs

Dirtcrasher
06-04-2011, 05:56 PM
Congrats! The 85SX I got in 1998 had sat for 8 years. I took it home, cleaned it up and bought a battery; It fired right up without a puff of smoke!

It's a good feeling when it comes together, I was even a bit nervous when I started my crate 350X motor for the 1st time, didn't know what to expect but I should have! :beer

ama009
06-05-2011, 12:33 AM
Nice to hear bro! I couldn't believe it when I got my 200x to start up after rebuilding. hoping I can do the same with my tri z. Especially with someone so close! Now you can go riding with me and redskinman!

Nevkilahonda3
06-05-2011, 12:51 AM
Love hearing this stuff. Hondas are great machines. Let them sit for years and change gas and they fire right up.

I wish my yamahas would be like that but thats why I also have hondas(the only trikes that run) but you try to clean the carb nope doesn't start new spark plug nope fresh gas and oil nope my stupid yamahas just don't start and they have enough compression I hate yamablahs.

mirthgrinder
06-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Nice to hear bro! I couldn't believe it when I got my 200x to start up after rebuilding. hoping I can do the same with my tri z. Especially with someone so close! Now you can go riding with me and redskinman!
Let me know where and when! Still have to replace the brake cables, but they are on order from Motion-Pro...

ama009
06-06-2011, 06:44 AM
Let me know where and when! Still have to replace the brake cables, but they are on order from Motion-Pro...

NiCe! Will Do.