PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using lectron carbs? Any advise appriciated!!

250rRoostmaster
06-04-2011, 03:43 PM
Just wonderin if anybody has any tips or tricks for a new to me lectron carb ?? Its quite a bit different than the stock keihin carb for the 250r.. I know its a good carb but experience is always the best advise!!!!

cattle-dog
06-04-2011, 05:16 PM
well the lectron is a great race only carb but not a good all around rideing carb we have two of them on ds 650`s .
First the throttle will stick at a very high idle which while trail riding is a pain, there is not a real fix for this issue they feel it is ok for a race carb as we have talked to some of the biggest atv drag racers in the country about this and the suppliers.
we have a mikuni race carb on a third ds 650 and it is a great all around carb but not as good for dirt drags.

beets442
06-04-2011, 11:35 PM
For that carb to work right it'll take some work,like porting,Unifilter and a nice pipe and even then they can be a PIA to tune.
+1 Cattledog, I think thats why so many people off them cause they think that you can trail ride with a total race carb.

NOSBIGSHOT
06-05-2011, 02:11 AM
Mine made my 250R a wide open only screamer ....but the clear float bowl was cool .

cattle-dog
06-05-2011, 08:05 AM
neather of mine have a clear float bowl?, we are running a 49mm and a 50 mm lectron and for anything other than raceing they are not good,
if you are rideing the sand you will need to clean the slide all the time or it will stick even worse, if you clean and silicon spray on the slide it will cut down on the high idle issue but you need to be aware of the issue or you could get in trouble.
some may think its the cable and or the throttle its not, i have been on the phone with ron woods many times and he claims its a known issue you just learn to deal with.
the mikuni race only carb is alot more user friendly and woods also carries parts for both carbs.

atv innovations
06-05-2011, 08:33 AM
I know Tom from TC racing has been using them for years if you have any questions I'm sure he could help you out. I have to agree this is a race only carb and from the stories i have heard very temper mental. If I'm correct they don't like to get wet at all.

NOSBIGSHOT
06-05-2011, 08:53 AM
I was being nice . The thing is a Total P.O.S. . It was not clear it was translucent ....kinda clear sorry .

250rRoostmaster
06-05-2011, 09:20 AM
Well that kinda blows.. The guy i bought it from had it on a TRX and said it worked great for trails and dunes:wondering!! I'll still give it a try and see what i come up with "fingers crossed":lol: I also spoke with kevin from lectron carbs and he was saying that the 38mm i have should work out good for all around riding and ridability so i guess i'll see if he's truw to his word

250rRoostmaster
06-05-2011, 09:24 AM
Oh well if it doesnt work cause i only paid $50 for it anyways!!

cattle-dog
06-05-2011, 10:22 PM
well you can sell it for more than 50 , i hope it works out for you, the boys from lectron kind of keep the idle issue hush hush, ron woods is the guy you want to talk to he can and will answer any questions even if you dont buy from him, he is a atv/atc world known race part builder/supplier for any trike or wheeler.

250rRoostmaster
06-06-2011, 07:37 PM
OK good to know, thanks :beer

Bullysyclone
06-06-2011, 10:13 PM
Pm me I have used them for 20 years and never had any of those problems.... is it a two stroke carb... meaning does it have a power jet?

250rRoostmaster
06-07-2011, 09:22 PM
I PM'd you about this!!

Pm me I have used them for 20 years and never had any of those problems.... is it a two stroke carb... meaning does it have a power jet?

Bryan Raffa
06-07-2011, 10:13 PM
I got a 48mm duel power jets and a 20% bigger bowl... set up for alky,, if some serious drag racers are lookin.. for a carb..I dont deal with woods.. I deal with Dennis Packard..only the fastest.http://www.packardracing.com/start.php?page=news.php