PDA

View Full Version : Marty Hart

NOSBIGSHOT
06-02-2011, 07:42 PM
I talked with Marty Hart today and let him know that this forum has a lot of people who want to hear from him. If you guys want to get him on here post your favorite Marty Hart pictures and race stories and show him some love .He will be looking at the board tonite for the first time !!!!

tecat-z
06-02-2011, 08:08 PM
I've got a few from Redbuds torc truck race. I'm sure he will remember......"Hey, thats me on there":lol::lol: I'll get some pics up a bit later....

atc007
06-02-2011, 09:00 PM
So ol #7 's gonna grace us huh? Well,I could tick him off and say I was a #23 fan! JK, Marty did a LOT for this beloved sport and as I've posted before,as far as I'm concerned,,INVENTED SXS's with his work down on the bayou turning Foremans into 2 seaters. LONG before anyone had heard of a Rhino. But this is 3 wheeling,my questions would stem from the last days.as I read and memorized every printed word published. What was it like? About when did you realize the end was near,summer 86 or earlier? Was Honda tight lipped or up front about how bad it was getting? Must admit to a lot of shellac in my lines!. Did you race the TRX? I'm SURE you did,when Gentry was coming up,did you prefer the 3 wheels to the 4? I could go on all night. Pleasure to have you here Marty!! And I want your current job! NOONE should get paid for having THAT much fun! ! Also Enjoy watching your son tearing it up!

hang&rattle
06-02-2011, 10:05 PM
So ol #7 's gonna grace us huh? Well,I could tick him off and say I was a #23 fan! JK, Marty did a LOT for this beloved sport and as I've posted before,as far as I'm concerned,,INVENTED SXS's with his work down on the bayou turning Foremans into 2 seaters. LONG before anyone had heard of a Rhino. But this is 3 wheeling,my questions would stem from the last days.as I read and memorized every printed word published. What was it like? About when did you realize the end was near,summer 86 or earlier? Was Honda tight lipped or up front about how bad it was getting? Must admit to a lot of shellac in my lines!. Did you race the TRX? I'm SURE you did,when Gentry was coming up,did you prefer the 3 wheels to the 4? I could go on all night. Pleasure to have you here Marty!! And I want your current job! NOONE should get paid for having THAT much fun! ! Also Enjoy watching your son tearing it up!

This'll answer 2 of your questions:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPuMOo_fTCg

NOSBIGSHOT
06-02-2011, 10:10 PM
I've got a few from Redbuds torc truck race. I'm sure he will remember......"Hey, thats me on there":lol::lol: I'll get some pics up a bit later....

He said someone got him to sign a shirt ...was that you ?

bkm
06-02-2011, 10:17 PM
Maybe he knows about the fabled '87 250r and the '87 350x. I would be very col to hear his stories.

atc007
06-02-2011, 10:36 PM
They both exist,Period. No,I do not have pics,or own one,lol, But, They WERE built.

tecat-z
06-02-2011, 10:41 PM
125282125283125284Yes, it was. Very nice of him to come and chat for a bit.... He really got a kick out of the shirt. A few pics:cool: One of RJ too...

atc007
06-02-2011, 10:53 PM
Good stuff HAng,thanx! Whew! I forgot all about BAssani and White running Suzuki..I've forgotten more than some will..... Someday maybe I'll break out all my mags and refresh..

NOSBIGSHOT
06-02-2011, 11:00 PM
125282125283125284Yes, it was. Very nice of him to come and chat for a bit.... He really got a kick out of the shirt. A few pics:cool: One of RJ too...

I just emailed him these photos .

Bryan Raffa
06-02-2011, 11:40 PM
thoes are cool Ed on a TF shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! check out his forearms... he can handle a trike for shure!!!!Ha RJ too.... and I know he's signing one of MIK6's TF coozies!!!! LOL good stuff!

T3 LOPES
06-03-2011, 08:34 AM
Always thought that #15 monster energy driver Marty Hart could be the famous Honda rider but wasnt sure. Talked with Rick Johnsons pit crue and asked is he the old 3 wheeler racer. Guy said o ya! so we rushed over and there he is. I watch the torc trucks as much as i can and always wondered. well now i know. He signed ed shirt and some of his pics for us. we told him we were still into the old bigwheels and it seemed to light him up. he said he had just talked to mike coe a week or so ago which i thought was pretty cool. love to see some old pics or some of the past storys im sure he has to tell.

Buster Brown
06-03-2011, 09:31 AM
Man...
It would be AWESOME for Marty to join the fun here!
I'd like to know who he though was the next best engine builder, next to Paul Turner. Did he really like the OHTSUs?? If he could have run anything he wanted, what would he have done to his R that maybe Honda didn't allow?? And yes, I too would love to know ANYthing about the ATC 500R or 200R concept prototypes and factory raced trikes. Are they hidden in some ex employee's stash somewhere?? Just a simple Y or N would suffice. (LOL)
Kinda selfish on my part, but I'd love to show off a couple replica builds. I'm sure he could give some pointers, as to correct era parts and insight into some of the more iffy items. Always room for improvement with help from those who lived it. Marty was and still is # uno on three wheels!

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp334/k10seibel/babywrapthendelete003.jpg

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp334/k10seibel/frolicandfarm284.jpg

NOSBIGSHOT
06-03-2011, 10:01 AM
That is an awesome photo. Period correct is so cool . I have a feeling when he see's that ....he will be calling you . When I asked him if he was interested in racing a 3 wheeler again ....you could hear the smile in his short pause ,then he said well I do a lot of training on motorcycles .He did share some neat information with me that I will let him share with you guys . Buster Brown do you keep those in the living room or your bedroom? I wouldnt watch T.V. I'd just look at those .

Bretmd94
06-03-2011, 10:45 AM
Bigshot, your alright. At a young age I became a Marty fan.

Even just recently I watched the Brawley Fairgrounds Race for the third time (Brawley-Fairgrounds-oval-short-track-race! (http://www.3wheelerworld.com/content.php?305-1986-Brawley-Fairgrounds-oval-short-track-race!))

I put it onto the 46" and watch it like I was watching my favorite movie. Just like when I was a kid flipping through the 3 wheeling magazines daydreaming about racing trike.
:cool:

NOSBIGSHOT
06-03-2011, 11:21 AM
When I was a kid the ride to the races took for ever . (speed limit was 55). When I walked up to Marty Hart it was like meeting Darth Vader . It was a long time ago . Seeing those photos made the hair stand up on my neck . I have not been excited about anything in a long time . I like my 3 wheeler .

atctim
06-03-2011, 02:54 PM
Tell him Mike Coe and Tommy Gaian have already signed my race helmet, and I need his sig on it now too! that outta get him here ;)

NOSBIGSHOT
06-03-2011, 03:06 PM
Can you call me when you have a chance 1-520-904-7775 Thanks

Buster Brown
06-03-2011, 07:25 PM
Thanks for the kind words BIGSHOT.
If Marty gets a second wind on trikes I'd sponser him with a new trike! (LOL) Be my honor!
I see you're a new member so I'll show off a bit more to help with the fun.
I found this crated R about a year and a half ago.... I would love to add an ATC 500R or a factory 200R to the collection. Hell who wouldn't!!
I think I'd shat myself to ever meet or talk to Marty in person. HUGE fan!

BTW.....
Can you call me when you have a chance 1-520-904-7775 Thanks Who's suppose to call ya? (LOL)

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp334/k10seibel/frolicandfarm007-1.jpg

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp334/k10seibel/frolicandfarm020.jpg

NOSBIGSHOT
06-03-2011, 10:28 PM
WTF who has a bike new in the crate ? Thats funny , I was just talking to a guy from here that said you had one in the crate . In like 1985 the Honda shop by my house had like 70 ATVs on the floor . We still had 83s in the crate . Suzuki was kind enough not to give you what you could sell but made you floor 5 GS 450s and GN 400s and every single shaft drive street bike they made . While Honda had a waiting list to get the throwdown bikes , we had stuff we couldnt give away .I want a site mod to call me please .

FLynes
05-29-2013, 09:21 PM
I know this thread is uber old, but being relatively new to the forum and a big fan of the Team Honda guys, did anyone ever convince Marty to get on here?

atc007
05-29-2013, 09:32 PM
He doesn't post :)

FLynes
05-29-2013, 10:20 PM
I found him on Facebook and respectfully friended him and he accepted. Dorky, I know, but he, Mike Coe, Wax and Mickey were my favorites.

Darius1502
05-29-2013, 11:08 PM
Marty thanks for the awesome memories. I am now 40, but remember you growing up and for so many of us you were someone we aspired to! Thanks for the incredible memories!

I've got this banner hanging right over my '86 R in my garage:

bkm
05-29-2013, 11:14 PM
What happened to NOSBIGSHOT? I liked that guy and found his post's entertaining.

atc007
05-30-2013, 07:55 AM
I found him on Facebook and respectfully friended him and he accepted. Dorky, I know, but he, Mike Coe, Wax and Mickey were my favorites.

Not Dorky AT ALL. Those boys along with lots of others put on some real good shows.

atc007
05-30-2013, 07:58 AM
Nos hasn't been on either. He's still doing what he does,and damn good I might add ! Great guy for sure. They just don't post for their own reasons :)

FLynes
05-30-2013, 01:43 PM
Not Dorky AT ALL. Those boys along with lots of others put on some real good shows.

Yes they did. I would love to sit down with them over a beer and listen to their stories.