PDA

View Full Version : 95 Warrior 350

dksix
05-30-2011, 03:27 PM
I just got a 95 Warrior 350X quad in trade that needs a little work. I took it with plans of fixing and flipping it for a little profit but when researching it, it seems to be a real good quad for the woods and trails. I'm not a quad person, just don't like them but in the back of my mine I'm wondering if this would be a good candidate for a conversion. The way I traded and the parts needed to make it right I'm going to be about $300 to $400 into it.
I've seen the TRX450R trike conversions and Jason Halls (the best of the best IMO) and I like them but there is a big buy in using a late model 450R for the base bike, that's just not practical for me. I'm really not a skilled enough rider to need, or be able to use, the power of the modern 450 4 stroke. I've always thought that a 300ex or 400ex would be much better choice if my personal use. This Warrior is manual clutch, electric start and has reverse, all desirable to me for a more modern trike. The is a good after market supply of parts for the Warrior and many 350 Raptor parts will work also. Those are another 2 big pluses it's got going for it.
The plan would be to keep the investment as little as possible, which would mean using an ATC350X front end that I already have. Maybe the ATC350X tank, seat and fenders too. I would likely be inclined to buy a Warrior frame off eBay to mod, I've seen them in the $150 shipped range and that way I wouldn't be totally committed if the trike didn't work out.
This would be an attempt to make a modern everyday, do everything well rider. I'm looking for opinions on what people think the final result would be. Hopefully some of you here have ridden/owned this quad along with experience riding other trikes to make educated comparisons.

TatTooL23
05-30-2011, 06:12 PM
in my opinion the warriors r very heavy and dont produce all that much power for a 350. to make it work correctly i think it would take a lot of time and money and fabricating. if u dont do the fabrication yourself then it would probably be a lot of money. be cool to c it though. if u have all the parts y not try it.

fabiodriven
05-30-2011, 07:00 PM
I guess I could see it making sense if you've got all the crap lying around to do it, but basically you're going to end up with a 350X that's slower than it would have been had you just used the Honda engine.

TatTooL23
05-30-2011, 11:14 PM
yeah thats right. usually when a conversion is done, its to make something different or really bad ass that never got to be produced. not a worse version of what already out. the onlything u would gain is reverse. for elec start u could just get a goki on a 350X

dksix
05-31-2011, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the input. All good points. I sell it off like planned and keep working on what I have already started.

the great gazoo
05-31-2011, 06:11 PM
There was a member on here "SingleSpiderman" that did a warrior trike, I think he used KX triples & forks, 200X front wheel & brake. Hmmm, lemme see if I can find the pics..... OK There they are, just 2. I don't think he ever posted up anymore.

hillbilly 200x
05-31-2011, 06:27 PM
There was a member on here "SingleSpiderman" that did a warrior trike, I think he used KX triples & forks, 200X front wheel & brake. Hmmm, lemme see if I can find the pics..... OK There they are, just 2. I don't think he ever posted up anymore That bike just doesn't look right to me. It looks like the rack is way out or somthing.

Matt85'350x
05-31-2011, 10:01 PM
It may be slower than a regular 350x but it's really hard to come by a $400 350x. That's the advantage! Plus there's plenty of aftermarket mods that could be added to make it faster.