PDA

View Full Version : 1985 klt 110

t531
05-29-2011, 10:44 AM
I have just recently purchased a KLT110 from one of my grandfathers old friends. The KLT was purchased brand new and has very limited hours on it, as his wife was the one to use and she was unable to use it and has sat outside for the last 25 years.

The problem I am having is with a no start, I appear not have spark, a new spark plug, checked valve clearance, I have also checked resistance in the generator and all is in spec. However I have little compression maybe 50-75psi. I originally got 10-20psi, after which I removed the intake and exhaust and dowsed the intake and exhaust valve with carb cleaner and blew it off then sprayed PB blaster in the valve guide and valve itself. I don’t fear the piston rings are bad because of the limited hours of use.

What can I do to raise this compression without having to remove the head? Thanks.

t531
05-29-2011, 05:12 PM
Update:

I figured out that if i put the cylinder on compression removed the spark plug and filled the combustion chamber with compressed air, that the air came out of the crank case. So with that i have determoned the rings are stuck. Any ideas on fixing stuck ring without removing the piston?

kylegrimes
08-05-2011, 07:19 PM
Yea pull the motor and pull off the head check the cylinder for scaring make sure it still has it cross hatches if it does then put marvel mystery oil in the top end and leave it for a few hours then turn the motor over slowly that is if the rings are still on the piston and if they arent your lookin at a lot of money!!!!!!!

jabhonda
08-06-2011, 11:06 PM
squirt oil in the spark plug hole and spin it over abit then see what happens

kylegrimes
09-23-2011, 06:57 PM
sorry to bump a old thread but did you ever get it goin????