PDA

View Full Version : Problem getting front axle out of front brake hub Honda 200S

MonkOFox
05-26-2011, 11:56 PM
I was trying to get to the front brakes to check them out and most likely replace them, but I couldn't for the life of me get the axle to un-screw from the hub.

I tried an impact, wrench with a cheater bar and no luck.

Also tried heating up the hub and tapping it with a hammer to maybe jar it loose for the torque, but that didn't do the trick either.

What else can I try? My buddy said the aluminum most likely ceased up (probably hasn't been removed ever).

Thanks,

Justin

Thorpe
05-27-2011, 08:53 AM
I tried an impact, wrench with a cheater bar and no luck.

I would recommend a larger impact... Load it up with some penetrating oil, use a good 1/2" drive impact gun, and let it rattle... A cheater bar is a good way to twist off the axle. (maybe even try a little heat, then the impact)

MonkOFox
05-27-2011, 09:07 AM
I'll try to get a hold of a bigger gun. I remember taking one of of my 84, but the 85 is being stubborn : /.

Thanks,

Justin

MonkOFox
05-27-2011, 10:50 AM
Welp, bigger gun stripped the hex head clean smooth. So much for front brakes! I'll just tend to the rear ones lol.

Thorpe
05-27-2011, 11:47 AM
Did you use a 6 point socket? Was the hex on the axle damaged to begin with? Weld a nut to the end of the axle...

MonkOFox
05-27-2011, 12:08 PM
Yeah it was already pretty beaten up... looked like the previous owner jacked it up trying to get it out. Hell yeah, I'll weld that ish.

Thanks again,

Justin