PDA

View Full Version : My new 87 200x

Fungo Wizard
05-24-2011, 11:23 PM
I seriously need some professional counseling to stop this addiction. I pull up craigslist today and within 1 minute of seeing the ad I was the new owner of this gem. It runs but will not move, and the rear fenders are cracked and headlight housing is cracked. Other than that it is in pretty good shape. I could not pass it up for $250 bucks.

TatTooL23
05-24-2011, 11:29 PM
I c ........ Trailpro !

No seriously that's awesome. Very rare trike. Do it justice. I have a DG exhaust and a good kick start if u need it.

Fungo Wizard
05-24-2011, 11:36 PM
LOL! The guy was bragging about how good the tires were, and I told him I would catch hell for those when i posted pics! Not sure what I will do with this yet. Stud is already hitting me up to get his paws on it, but I am definately trading the tank out for the 86 tank on my other 87. Also I need the grab bar and tool box with the original tool kit still in it for my bike. I got it mostly to trade out the stuff I need to get mine back to factory equipment.

CRAZY70MAN
05-25-2011, 05:58 AM
LOL! The guy was bragging about how good the tires were, and I told him I would catch hell for those when i posted pics! Not sure what I will do with this yet. Stud is already hitting me up to get his paws on it, but I am definately trading the tank out for the 86 tank on my other 87. Also I need the grab bar and tool box with the original tool kit still in it for my bike. I got it mostly to trade out the stuff I need to get mine back to factory equipment.
Pm me if you want to sell tank shrouds and any other parts. Is the keypad there??

up-tyte
05-25-2011, 07:44 AM
Looks like a nice project. Get it moving an bring it this weekend.

Bustos82
05-25-2011, 08:00 AM
Good find. Looks nice....

thestud25
05-25-2011, 08:20 AM
Garry, don't pull too many parts off or I won't want it. Those big reds that you have that need fixing may end up being yard art if you do! LOL!

R-tifacts
05-25-2011, 09:40 AM
Good score for $250, you could spend that trying to buy that toolbox with tools and a grab bar.

TrickyDickII
05-25-2011, 10:20 AM
You definitely couldn't pass it up for that price! Especially since you can use the parts. Was it in Springfield?

Bretmd94
05-25-2011, 11:00 AM
nice find!

thestud25
05-25-2011, 11:29 AM
You definitely couldn't pass it up for that price! Especially since you can use the parts. Was it in Springfield?

Willard. Not to far from Garry.

Dirtcrasher
05-25-2011, 11:47 AM
Be careful, LH threads on the crank.....

Nice score, if it has a keypad your golden!

bigworm626
05-25-2011, 11:50 AM
Those look like Bushwackers to me. congrates kid kash!

Fungo Wizard
05-25-2011, 10:01 PM
The grab bar is in pretty good shape, I have not looked good at it to see if it is tweaked because it is missing a bolt and hanging a little low now. Key pad with original key is in it, that will be going to my bike as the key on mine bounced out of the ignition and off the trailer about 15 years ago. So I will do a swap and this machine will have the non factory key. I think it will take longer than this weekend to get her running. I have the 86 i am buying that I hope just needs a clutch and I will do a motor swap and have her running. Definately a good pick up and I will beautify her somehow, but not a total restore.

Fungo Wizard
05-25-2011, 10:03 PM
Garry, don't pull too many parts off or I won't want it. Those big reds that you have that need fixing may end up being yard art if you do! LOL!

You are sure getting picky as you get older! You think I would unload this thing and dump it on you. The 86 on the other hand might get stripped down but this one will look nice when it is said and done.

Xpress
05-25-2011, 10:28 PM
Well no wonder why it doesn't move. Those 500lb cement blocks on the rear need some serious HP to turn :lol:

Fungo Wizard
05-25-2011, 10:35 PM
Well no wonder why it doesn't move. Those 500lb cement blocks on the rear need some serious HP to turn :lol:

LOL! That was the biggest selling point! Those things are staying on there til I get her running. After that I will sell them to you. The great thing is the rims are very nice inside them.