PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever got there hands on one of these?

R-tifacts
05-24-2011, 10:41 AM
I was going through the atc250r repair manual and I noticed some of the warning labels on the bikes are printed in Japenese. My question is has anyone ever seen one in person? Did any of these bikes, headlight shell's, frames ect. make it across the Pacific? Also Why are the warning labels in Japenese but pro link and even Honda is writen in English. Is Honda, Honda in Japan or is it some kind of hieroglyphic?124584

ridered86
05-24-2011, 11:52 AM
Are you sure that those are even Japanese? They look like jibberish LOL

R-tifacts
05-24-2011, 04:00 PM
:beer
Are you sure that those are even Japanese? They look like jibberish LOL

I was just assuming it was Japanese, I failed Jebberish class in school lol :beer

dcreel
05-24-2011, 04:07 PM
Why would the decal on the headlight be Japanese and the 20:1 decal on the frame be engrish?

I think the win of this post is that you spelled Japenese, and the pic is labeled Japinese... It's hard to get that many spellings for one word in one single thread.. I'm pretty sure you earned at least an honorable mention...

JasonB
05-24-2011, 04:17 PM
I alsways wondered that!!!!! WTF mixed languages

R-tifacts
05-24-2011, 04:29 PM
Why would the decal on the headlight be Japanese and the 20:1 decal on the frame be engrish?

I think the win of this post is that you spelled Japenese, and the pic is labelede Japinese... It's hard to get that many spellings for one word in one single thread.. I'm pretty sure you earned at least an honorable mention...

Yea I tryto spell check my post's but not so much my file names sorry about the engrish, but can you answer the question?

dcreel
05-24-2011, 04:35 PM
Yea I tryto spell check my post's but not so much my file names sorry about the engrish, but can you answer the question?

I think the decal was actually english. When they took the picture I think they touched it up with "gibberish" to make it stand out more for the picture taken. I have never seen a japanese Honda decal on a 250R. I do however think I have seen french though.

WilliamJ
05-24-2011, 04:58 PM
Dcreel is right. That is surely gibberish.
君教えてあげた These characters are Japanese and may mean 'I explained it to them' or they may mean something else entirely if the guy on the Wikipedia was having a laugh!

It is a fact though that they use Arabic numerals as a general rule in Japan.

Weirdly, the French have a habit of writing 'Made in France' in English even on products for their home market, goes back way before the European Union was conceived.

rayatc84
05-24-2011, 05:21 PM
I have never seen a japanese Honda decal on a 250R. I do however think I have seen french though.

Same for me for Honda decals in Japanese.

For decals in French, here are some OEM decals of my 82' 250R in totaly original condition:

http://images3.photomania.com/1015272/1/rad80C9E.jpg

http://images3.photomania.com/1015268/1/rad65DCA.jpg

http://images3.photomania.com/1015244/1/radA2F80.jpg

R-tifacts
05-25-2011, 11:17 AM
Thanks all for the input I have been curious about the writing for a while now and never could get an answer. At the same time I dont know Japanese so thats what I took it as.

JasonB
05-25-2011, 11:56 AM
I have hieroglyphics on my bike.