PDA

View Full Version : Tri-Z 250 Question's

bucko
05-22-2011, 09:15 PM
Im looking at a Tri-z 250 now and this is what the guy has on the listing:

I have an 85 triz 250 3 wheeler that i just put back together just bored it .50 over runs strong has 38mm carb flat slide on it new clutch cable valve and seats new oil change starts on 1st or 2nd kick everytime has a wiseco piston in it back plastic is cracked but not to bad still usable and it needs new swingarm bushing put new bearings in just not bushings but thats all it really needs

First im not sure what the bushing is he's talking about and how easy it is to install and second since it's bored .50 over will that affect it in any negative ways?

zzmegad
05-23-2011, 02:19 PM
there are several bushings and bearings in the swingarm, you would have to replace the ones that are bad, look on bike bandit. I think he is saying it has a 69.25mm piston in it, about .050 over. I think currently wiseco makes 69.5 and 70mm piston kits, so you should be able to get one or two more bores out of it before a resleeve or finding a new cylinder.

wisconsinite
05-23-2011, 09:36 PM
valve and seats?? in a 2 stroke??:wondering

all balls makes a complete swingarm bearing kit for about $50.

bucko
05-24-2011, 11:02 AM
I meant how long will it last since it's been bored over before needing redone again?If it would last a few years I would be happy.
I don't ride very hard,maybe 6 hours a week.

Tri-Z 250
05-24-2011, 11:14 AM
Yes, the motor should last for ya if done proper. I recomend asking about the waterpump seal and propeller. The plastic stock propeller unit wares over time, and the rubber seal will wareout and cause leakage and contaminate the bottom case oil. It's a simple repair but if not done a freash rebuild can be ruined in a short time. Ask if before the build if the oil was milky grey...sure sign of a bad seal.