PDA

View Full Version : honda 200es ignition question

wrench234
05-05-2011, 11:05 PM
i recently aquired a honda 200e not running ignition switch and key missing so i have temporarily wired red power wire to feed starter solenoid and black wire to cdi module it cranks but has no spark i have tested the black and yellow wire from module to coil with voltmeter while cranking i have about 2 volts ac so i am assuming the pickup and module are ok and i need a coil if you know this to be incorrect please let me know the other thing im wondering about during my testing a have found that when the red kill switch is in the off position it supplies 12 volts the the other green coil wire that is on one of the bolts that mounts the coil to frame this seems odd to me not sure how this would kill the engine supplying 12 volts there seems it would cause a short seeing how the bolt goes through coil then to frame any help appreciated thanks

wrench234
05-05-2011, 11:41 PM
just wanted to add this is a 200e not es 82-83 from what i can tell it is chain drive no reverse but has electric start my research indicates 82-83 200e
thanks

tri again
05-06-2011, 12:47 AM
No replies?

hmmm. I personally have gone blind memorizing those wire diagrams.

Shop manuals are avail in the world class help section.

I had one that would start with the pull but not the elec starter.
for some reason.

The kill switch has a ground to kill it but also seems to have a ground that the cdi Needs so it can run.

It's been a while but I'd start with the diagrams.

and by then, someone will have a real answer for you.