PDA

View Full Version : Great find 1980 honda 110 $25 bucks!!!

yamaha driver
05-05-2011, 07:23 PM
I wish i had some pics the motor is clean stock pipe even has chrome heat protector had head light tail light fenders NOTHING is welded that aint supposed to be. Chain gaurd is in perfect cond skid plate its totaly stock. but here is the bad news It has been setting for 8 years i brought it home the oil was syurp drained it then cleaned with sea foam and ran oil through it. I had to take a carb of my parts 110 and put it on since i was anxiouse there was no recoil pushed it 2 feet started right up. Now thats a honda:cool:. But it JUST smokes so bad:( It runs great good compression but i dont have a comp tester. Here is a clue though when i was going to but the carb on on the intake i scraped flakes of black i think carbon out of the hole. Could the valves be so carboned up its leaking that bad??? after i drove it it seemed to lighten up. ANY thoughts???????:wondering

JustEnough
05-05-2011, 07:28 PM
What color was the smoke? What color was the oil? The condition of the oil would be my biggest concern.

yamaha driver
05-05-2011, 07:33 PM
light blue the oil is now clear it was black black

JustEnough
06-04-2011, 08:34 PM
Bluish white smoke is oil burning and oil going clear may be from unburned gas slipping past the rings.

From what I have heard: If it tests as low compression, but the compression goes up closer to normal after dropping a teaspoon of oil in the spark plug hole, it is surely time for new rings and maybe a light hone of the cylinder.

threewheelin-feelin
06-04-2011, 11:27 PM
it is possable the rings could be rusted and stuck after sitting so long...an old mechanic i use to work with said that sometimes putting transmission fluid in the cylinder and turning it over with the plug out can sometimes reset the rings...i have never done it tho and cant say for sure it works...but may be worth a try..or hell put a new set of rings valve seals and gaskets hone the cylinder and get another 20 years out of that little honda motor :)

mrmello
06-04-2011, 11:30 PM
You put the sea foam in the engine?

That will cause it to smoke like a mofo! Run it a while and see if it clears up

JustEnough
06-06-2011, 01:00 PM
I had a 200M that would not turn over and I filled the cylinder with Marvel Mystery Oil and it became unstuck but had low compression. The compression did come back up pretty good after a short time so maybe the rings did become unstuck.

I suspect Marvel Mystery Oil is overpriced ATF with a peppermint scent added.

I plan to use ATF next time. Automatic Transmission Fluid is a lot cheaper.