PDA

View Full Version : Good shipping company needed ASAP!

oldtoys72
05-04-2011, 11:13 PM
like the title says, im looking for a good shipping company. Gotta trike i want to buy but need to get it shipped here somehow and dont want to spend a fortune on shipping!

scruffy390
05-05-2011, 09:05 AM
I have never shipped a complete atv but I use a freight brokerage company www.freightqote.com for larger items.

TatTooL23
05-05-2011, 09:39 AM
Expect $350-$400

250x
05-05-2011, 09:53 AM
uShip.com I used them for everything from Live exotic aquarium fish to my Harley.

pipeline triker
05-05-2011, 01:14 PM
Depends on where it is. Are you haveing it shipped to you in Mn? There are lots of guys that haul vintage sleds back and forth across the country all the time. I know alot of them will haul bikes, atvs what ever will fit in there inclosed trailer. Expect to pay $350-$550 for sure gas is at $4.00 + a gallon and these guys are doing it to make money. Check on the VSCA site in the Classifeids I just saw one there the other day.

Yamaha3wheeler
05-05-2011, 06:41 PM
ABF freight!!

I had a 3 wheeler shipped from Northern New York down here to Louisiana. Only took 3 days!! They handled everything perfect and were the best price I could find. I called a few large freight compaines. Get a quote from them before you go anywhere else. I can't say enough good things about the way they took care of me.

They are going to need total dimensions of the package( L x W x H) and the approximate weight. Get as close as you can with weight because your price will adjust to the correct weight when you pick it up (that is when they actually weigh the package - our dropoff terminal did not have scales). It would also be smart to try to see if they have a scale at the terminal you plan to drop off at so that there are no surprises and get the correct price to pay.

As far as dimensions go, I know that if you can stand the bike up on one single pallet you will save money. We didn't do that with mine since I didn't want to take the risk of any damage occuring to my wheeler. The guy I bought if from built me a custom crate.

I called a few independent shippers and left messages. I did not get one call back. Then I read somewhere that someone got ripped off my one and I decided to stick with the bigger companies.

Good luck!

Here are some pics:

In the first pic you can see the ABF truck in the background.

http://i55.tinypic.com/wgun9x.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/dptsfq.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/9kquj6.jpg

Thorpe
05-05-2011, 07:05 PM
Mike-- Give us more details of what we are shipping! I have used CWX (conway trucking) with good results...

ceaserthethird
05-05-2011, 07:38 PM
Well if it's a low hour bike I would not risk shipping it the cheapest way, If it's worth alot than ship it through www.ForwardAir.com

oldtoys72
05-06-2011, 12:32 AM
sorry guys, looking to have an 84 tecate shipped to me! been so damn busy with work that I havent had time to check into anything yet! Anybody know the length, width, height and weight of an 84 tecate? should be able to stand it un its ass and have it fit on a pallet i would think.

rdlsz24
05-06-2011, 02:08 PM
I'm not positive since it's been about 8 years ago, but I think I used ABF to ship a 300ex from Ohio to Illinois. I think it was around $300, and I got the insurance since it was a $2800 quad I bought on eBay and I didn't want to be out all that money if it happened to not show up. I had to pick it up at a trucking hub in the city about 30 minutes from my house. If I remember right it saved me some money to do that rather than having it shipped to my house.

Rob

sledcrazyinCT
05-06-2011, 03:02 PM
sorry guys, looking to have an 84 tecate shipped to me! Been so damn busy with work that i havent had time to check into anything yet! Anybody know the length, width, height and weight of an 84 tecate? Should be able to stand it un its ass and have it fit on a pallet i would think.

prices will vary greatly. I would not stand the trike up. Trucking companies do not care about your cargo all that much and it is really if you get a driver that gives a crap as to the way your trike will be cared for. Also standing it up means all the fluids would need to be drained. Cheapest might not always be the best way to decide about choice of trucking companies. I hate yrc! They ruined a brand new piece of equipment and it took six months of headaches to get someone to cover the machine. Ended up globaltranz and yrc just walked away from the problem, we spend thousands shipping across the globe and were lucky we had an insurance policy that took care of the bs. The time frame to deliver will help save $$. If you gotta have it quick then you pay more... If you call and say get it tomorrow it will cost more $$. I have had great success with a local broker call wendy @ mkm 860 646 1444 they might get you a great rate tell em you deal with maier usa and could they check a rate for you.