PDA

View Full Version : Having a good spring finding deals

smvorndran
05-03-2011, 08:19 PM
I tell you what, I've been finding some great deals lately.

85 200X for $225 with Honda ATC speedometer. Rebuilt the top end and a few things and it's a decent rider.

85 350X for $200 with chain damage. Rebuilding it to make it a reliable rider.

85 250ES for $180 running with a bad rearend.

Picked up an 86 TRX250 motor for $30 today. Talking to the guy, he says his uncle has a low hour Big Red about a mile up the road. Stopped by to check it out, and it's rougher than I had hoped, but should be picking it up for $200 next week. The guy's looking to find the engine. It still has the original Ohtsu tires on it. Rear plastics are gone, but the front fender, front rack, and side covers are all in decent shape. I may be able to use the rear end out of the 86 to make a decent 85 1/2. :lol:

I hope I keep tripping over these things. I haven't even been asking about them. They just keep popping up. Wishing you all the same luck.

smvorndran

BiGDawG
05-03-2011, 08:23 PM
nice wish i could find a 350x but there like 1.5 - 2k around here and usually only see 1 on craigs list at a time lol i only paid $500 for my 200x, got it from a guy that farms are field's son but i seem em on craigs list for $700+ in worse shape then mine so i got a good deal on it

smvorndran
05-03-2011, 08:53 PM
I see a lot of trikes in Michigan. Like California, why do all the trikes on ebay from there look mint? Don't they have any mud out there?

smvorndran

bucko
05-03-2011, 09:16 PM
Lucky sob lol

I never used to go to garage sales until my brother seen a 250sx at one for $200 last year.We were both broke at the time or else it would be in my garage right now.It just needed brake cables!!I go to garage sales any chance I get now.

jrsqlc
05-03-2011, 09:18 PM
i was going to get that one too, but figured after getting 3 this year i should slow down.....but that wont be for long

sledcrazyinCT
05-04-2011, 08:56 AM
i was going to get that one too, but figured after getting 3 this year i should slow down.....but that wont be for long

What fun is slowing Down LOL

jrsqlc
05-05-2011, 12:11 AM
What fun is slowing Down LOL

you have inspired me.....i went and got another 85 350X tonight....

smvorndran: i got the one you were talking about a few days ago

smvorndran
05-05-2011, 10:34 PM
Damn it! I called the kid last night to tell him I'd be up today, and he said it just rolled down the road. You beat me to it by 24 hours. I was going to be all over it! Thanks for saving me a 5 hour trip. Is it in pretty decent shape? I called to chew his butt for listing it again, because I was going to get it last Saturday morning, but he text me & told me it was sold. Then it popped up again Tuesday night. That's why I edited my post above, because I didn't want you or anyone else to see it and snag it before me.

I medicated my pain by picking up a 400EX tonight. I know it has a spare wheel, but I absolutely stole it as well. 2004 in great shape for $1450. It just needs rear carrier bearings. It's been a great month for me, but I can't even park in my 2 car garage now I have so many atvs in there. Oh yeah!!! You owe me a ride on that one if we ever meet up at a ride.

Congrats!
smvorndran

jrsqlc
05-05-2011, 10:50 PM
i should be at trike fest this year. may be going to silver lake on june 11 also. As for the ride.....i wont give you one, but you can take it for a spin by yourself, lol

I was going up saturday also, but he told me it was sold then i searched CL after i seen your post and it was there again, so i called him back up and the kid saids he was tired of all the calls he told everyone to be at his house today at 4pm, first come first serve.......i said how about i come tonight....he said OK and let it go cheaper just so he didnt have to deal with the BS today, lol.
Trailer is sweet, you can load the trike and pick up the tounge and move it anywhere it ease!! no lights and a half flat tire, but i forgot about it being behind the truck on the way home

as for the trike it is decent i guess, frame cracked at seat post, but not on the left side yet. plastics were all painted over, but gas tank is freshly painted and done really nice. one rear hub is junk and wheels are junk, egged out bad. front forks need complete rebuild but rear was just done he said. it seemed to run good, but i havnt had time to really ride it, he live right beside the police dept in town!
i will give you a ride report tomorrow as my buddy just picked up one too for $300.

I am now up to 6 350X's.....its never ending i swear.

smvorndran
05-05-2011, 11:23 PM
I should have mine together by then. I think my new cases will be here tomorrow, so hopefully within 2-3 weeks I'll have it back together. He said it didn't have one hub nut, but the hub stayed on. I figured it was goofed up. I'm just glad I didn't have to drive all that way and back tonight. What did you get the package for? 700? I would have sold the trailer off, but it did look cool.

I'm planning on trikefest, but I hear Haspin has a lot of drunks riding around going the wrong way on trails and stuff. Not sure if I want to get messed up in that. I'll be bringing 6 or 7 of my own machines for me and my leeching buddies, and I don't want anybody hurt or damaged machines. Any thoughts? Bundy Hill was a nice safe place to ride I thought.

smvorndran

smvorndran
05-27-2011, 06:53 PM
Man, I missed a deal on a 1986 200X tonight. The guy had it just south of Fort Wayne. $300 It was complete, and it looked GOOD! I coach a softball team, and had to practice, then I was going to get it. I think a guy from Huntertown got it. He was first in line. Hopefully somebody on here snagged it. Dang it!

atc007
05-27-2011, 08:38 PM
trailpro:naughty::naughty:trailpro

smvorndran
05-27-2011, 10:48 PM
trailpro:naughty::naughty:trailpro

What's that mean?