PDA

View Full Version : Make sure you always use quality mount bolts.

oscarmayer
05-03-2011, 09:12 AM
This weekend my son's race was canceled due to flooding so we found an open track. well to make it short, the Chinese engine mount bolts could not take the power of the tweaked 125cc engines we run. The lower bolt snapped, jerked the engine case onto the mount point and punched a hole in the case side along with cracked it pretty good. We did transfer the parts into a new case set (sponsors are awesome!) and I am about to put the engine back into the bike, but not before I get some grade8 bolts. No cheap china bolts that will snap again.

Photos to be posted tonight.

oscarmayer
05-04-2011, 10:03 AM
sorry. forgot to post photos. sorry guys. will post before the weekend.

acidburn
05-04-2011, 11:01 AM
yep i had this problem with my first dirt bike it was a baja90 cheapo, did a small jump engine bolt snapped engine dropped down and snapped the chain. never trust chinese products

smvorndran
05-04-2011, 11:40 AM
I had a chinese quad for a very short time for my daughter, and it would snap the lower engine mount grade 8 bolt every time we rode. Sold it to a guy with a handful of spare bolts.

rdlsz24
05-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Isn't the whole engine made of cheap China metal held together by cheap China bolts?

Rob

WIkid500
05-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Isn't the whole engine made of cheap China metal held together by cheap China bolts?

Rob

Exactly my thoughts!! If the dang bolts holding the engine to the frame fail what does that say for the construction of the engine? I avoid China parts at all costs, there is always something better.

jadleybray
05-04-2011, 01:45 PM
You just replace the whole motor for 200 and your good to go. Pretty soon you can build 5 more with the left over parts.....LOL