PDA

View Full Version : Technical stuff

dream3wheeler
05-02-2011, 07:01 PM
What makes 3 wheelers faster than most 4 wheelers? What would be faster and overall better....A 250r bored out, or a tpc 450r?

acidburn
05-02-2011, 07:03 PM
the fact that we have 1 less wheel, no a arms and all that other weight, just what is needed a tire and suspension ;)

Xpress
05-02-2011, 07:11 PM
Well, we need more info. WHICH 3 wheeler vs WHICH 4 wheeler? Because I know there are plenty of quads out there that will outrun any trike, stock vs stock.

If you are comparing similar CC machines, then mainly it's because 3 wheelers are lighter than 4 wheelers, which gives them more power/weight ratio.

dream3wheeler
05-02-2011, 08:14 PM
I just figure that theres a difference in how each machine is geared, their weight, suspension, and other stuff. Im not talking about any specific machines im just saying it in general as to what makes one faster and basically better than the other. I know weight is a big difference though. How bout for the tpc vs. the 250 bored out?

willreed03
05-03-2011, 02:13 PM
I assume you are talking the ATC250R or some other 3 wheeled 250 2 stroke correct? If that is the case then the TPC has more modern components then something from the mid to late 80's...simple as that. Over 25 years of technological advancements should make stuff better correct? And if the race videos of the TPC's against some of their 'older brothers' is any indication then yes the TPC trike is better. I can't say whether or not it makes more power because I know you can get a ton of usable track power out of the ATC250R but the handling and suspension would not compare as the TPC is using newer technology, frame geometry, and increased suspension travel. Regardless I like to keep it old school though! I wouldn't mind riding a TPC sometime though ;)

dream3wheeler
05-03-2011, 06:40 PM
Yea i was talking about the atc250r. I dont think the TPC trikes are 2 strokes...or are they? I know that would make a difference though. Id like to think that a modded out, bored out 250r would be pretty beastly and id rather have that than any other trike. I guess i wouldnt fully understand until ive driven a 250r and a tpc trike.....maybe someday!