PDA

View Full Version : hailing all Kawasaki dudes

110klt
05-01-2011, 06:20 PM
OK this is my story. Got given a 110KLT and after a little bit of messing around, IT RAN. Now me being me I guess I just couldn't leave well enough alone. I got a new carb, and I am working on all that ignition crap in the engine because it quit sparking and I had already tried the coil.

Now this is where it gets interesting, or sad depending on your view point. I went out and bought a set of front forks that had shocks on them from an 86. Well silly me thought I would just bolt them on, WRONG. First off I dropped a million ball bearings on the floor when removing the old one. OK, so not to cry over spilled milk I found all of them cleaned them up, greased the cups and reinstalled the newer front forks.......

UMMMMM, the front wheel, brakes and the fender all are too wide for the newer forks. OK so now my with my type "A" personality I have to fix all of this. So can any one with experance give me some direction??????

The rim and tire look like they may fit but it will be tite. Or is an 86 a totally narrower setup?

The axel, axel bolt?

Fender?

Any experance would be helpfull........

Thanx, 110KLT

110klt
05-03-2011, 10:56 PM
ummmm anyone? Am I alone here?