PDA

View Full Version : is it just me?? honda vs kawi service manual!!

aldochina
04-30-2011, 12:24 AM
i am finding that the service manual sucks for the tecate!! maybe its because i am so used to hondas, and honda service manuals!! it just seems that the honda manuals are so detailed, and written in a way that its very easy to follow and understand! i find the kxt manual to be far inferior, and vague!! Just my opinion, wondering what you guys think. are the axle nuts left or right hand threads on an 85 kxt?? i dont see anything noted on left hand threads, so i am assuming they are not. before i start heaving on it with the 18" cresent i would like to know for sure. thanks. oh, and what side does the axle slide out when i do get it apart??

playasridebmx
04-30-2011, 12:47 AM
the tecate manual isnt very detailed at all. i believe the axle nuts are right handed. and you should be able to take it out either way. but there is a clip that is on the outer side of the sprocket that has to come off before it can come out through that side .it should be easier just to pull it out the left side but my right hub will not come off so i had to go through the right

dcreel
04-30-2011, 03:27 PM
I thought the exact opposite, that the 84-85 Tecate manual was better than the Honda 85-86 250r manual. My favorite part was for the cylinder head gasket. "Put the head gasket on with the tab facing the rear" I have 2 head gaskets here, both oem and both have 2 tabs opposite each other. :lol:

nstyle73
04-30-2011, 09:30 PM
The cylinder head gasket instructions on the 250R did annoy me, but the Tecate manual is below standard in my opinion. However, as far as the engine goes, a Clymer manual for the KX250 will take you all the way. It will have all the information that you ever needed as well as advice. It explains the powervalves on the 86 far better and was a huge resource for me.

hang&rattle
04-30-2011, 09:44 PM
I just look at the pictures anyhow.