PDA

View Full Version : Carb Rebuild Help 85 Big Red

Daninmin
04-29-2011, 11:52 PM
I have been working on my carb tonight and I seem to be missing the primary nozzle under the primary jet. It shows the part in the carb diagram but it wasn't in my carb. I am using the Moose rebuild kit. I do have a small rubber tube left from the rebuild kit. It is approx. 1" long x 1/8" thick. It is about the right size and fits where the primary jet goes, just doesn't make sense because it is rubber and would just collapse if the jet is tightened down on it. In the diagram picture the primary nozzle looks like a metal part. Am I missing something? Thanks

aldochina
04-30-2011, 12:05 AM
i had the same problem man. your only option is to find a parts carb to rob this nozzle from. thats what i had to do. first time ive seen anyone else with this problem. whoever had it apart in the past must have dropped and lost it. I didnt mind though, it saved me 200.00 on the bigred cause the seller could not get it running. heres the thread i started on ithttp://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?93058-Carb-Rebuild-Shocker!!HELP!!got-pic-up&highlight=

aldochina
04-30-2011, 12:06 AM
not sure why the link doesnt work

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?93058-Carb-Rebuild-Shocker!!HELP!!got-pic-up&highlight=

Ironbnder
04-30-2011, 01:13 AM
I have a couple of rebuildable big red carbs for sale. $45.00 each, shipped to your door.

tri again
04-30-2011, 08:38 AM
I think that plastic tube is a safety shipping cover for the
delicate air needle screw.
Kinda looks like a hollow black pencil lead sized piece of
shrink tubing?

The only odd thing I remember is that there is an emulsion tube under one of the
screw out/in jets.
Brass, about an inch long with holes along the sides and it gets plugged
with crud.

I missed it 2x since it's down inside the internal passage under the jet that can be screwed out.

Daninmin
04-30-2011, 10:18 AM
That makes sense for the little tube, it was over the needle screw. I am definately missing the primary nozzle, the primary jet screws into the carb body alot farther on mine than in the diagram pictures.

Thorpe
04-30-2011, 11:14 PM
Let me know if you need any help... I have rebuilt a few BR carbs... (just up in Maple Grove)