PDA

View Full Version : any stroked 350x's? would like any info

250r_doverdemon
04-25-2011, 08:20 PM
ok so i just bought this 350x :Bounce

http://london.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-ATVs-snowmobiles-ATVs-1985-Honda-350x-atc-forsale-W0QQAdIdZ277127509#

and i was wondering about stroking it when i do redo it. i was just going to get the powroll kit :naughty:

http://www.powroll.com/P_HONDA_ATC350X.htm (second one down)

and was curious if anyone has ever done this? i would be sticking with the stock piston and this stroker kit until it does blow or maybe even just wait til it does blow and get the big bore kit too.. any insight would be greatly apreciated :p

300rman
04-25-2011, 08:28 PM
If you build a stroker motor and dont put a new piston in, you are a fool. if the piston breaks apart, a piece of it could ruin your new crank.

Dont wait to rebuild until it blows up, when things blow up, it could ruin a lot of parts. cylinders, heads, cranks, and cases.....

250r_doverdemon
04-25-2011, 08:30 PM
well i would put a new piston and what not but i would go with the big bore kit until i have to. but would the stock bore with a brand new piston and the stroker kit not work for whatever reason?

Vealmonkey
04-25-2011, 10:18 PM
If I was you, I would freshen up the trike and get it running. If you are getting a new piston, you need to check the crank bearing play when the top end is off anyway. If the crank bearing play is good, put it back together with the fresh top end and gaskets and such and enjoy it for now. Save your money and if you are not happy with the power you have, then see about stroking and big bore piston if you want. In the meantime, get the trike going right. New bearings front and rear and steering stem bearings and maybe new swingarm bearings as well, it will help the trike out tons. You may be running around on your original bearings. Get your brakes working properly. New cables as needed. Get all the normal stuff in top notch condition first. You can always get a used crank and send that in for stroking while you are riding. You can also find a used cylinder to get bored for the big bore if you want as well while you are riding. Enjoy your trike. You may find you are happy with the
350x in its' stock form. You can't ride when you have everything apart and out for expensive mods and such. And depending on what cam you want, you may be talking HD springs and keepers and retainers and you may have to get you rockers hardened and all that good stuff. It takes time and money. If you have an unlimited budget, then it will get done way faster, if you have a limited budget, then it will all take time. It's your trike, do what you want the way you want to, but that's what I'm doing. I'm actually working on an entire engine and still have the stock 350x running. Sort of anyway....LOL So I'm just basically building a 2nd 350x up as I go. Big Bore and Big Stroke. Bearing Cam and all the goodies in the head. Custom Exhaust. FCR Carb and Custom Intake. And all that kind of stuff. Best of luck with your new trike.

250r_doverdemon
04-25-2011, 11:10 PM
If I was you, I would freshen up the trike and get it running. If you are getting a new piston, you need to check the crank bearing play when the top end is off anyway. If the crank bearing play is good, put it back together with the fresh top end and gaskets and such and enjoy it for now. Save your money and if you are not happy with the power you have, then see about stroking and big bore piston if you want. In the meantime, get the trike going right. New bearings front and rear and steering stem bearings and maybe new swingarm bearings as well, it will help the trike out tons. You may be running around on your original bearings. Get your brakes working properly. New cables as needed. Get all the normal stuff in top notch condition first. You can always get a used crank and send that in for stroking while you are riding. You can also find a used cylinder to get bored for the big bore if you want as well while you are riding. Enjoy your trike. You may find you are happy with the
350x in its' stock form. You can't ride when you have everything apart and out for expensive mods and such. And depending on what cam you want, you may be talking HD springs and keepers and retainers and you may have to get you rockers hardened and all that good stuff. It takes time and money. If you have an unlimited budget, then it will get done way faster, if you have a limited budget, then it will all take time. It's your trike, do what you want the way you want to, but that's what I'm doing. I'm actually working on an entire engine and still have the stock 350x running. Sort of anyway....LOL So I'm just basically building a 2nd 350x up as I go. Big Bore and Big Stroke. Bearing Cam and all the goodies in the head. Custom Exhaust. FCR Carb and Custom Intake. And all that kind of stuff. Best of luck with your new trike.

thanks i was actualy thinking of getting the spare crank and cylinder and thats what il end up doing. my main question was would i be able to run the stroker crank with the stock bore size? since im on a very tight budget and it would be cheaper to just get the crank done. thanks for your info

Vealmonkey
04-26-2011, 02:23 AM
You should be able to run it with the stock bore size, but why? All that you have to do to split the cases and such and you would already have the top end apart. That is why I was saying just to get your engine running right basically stock and have fun. You won't really get the full advantage out of the stroke without the bore. A 350x already makes alot of torque in its' stock form. Save your money till you can do the whole shebang at one time.

Nevkilahonda3
04-26-2011, 03:05 AM
I can solve your money problem if you still have that 250r I would buy that from you I have a gen 1 250r and would take that over a 350x any day super quick. :DYeah in my opinion the 350x sounds cooler but not as quick. Upgrade the piston if you get the stroker but like vealmonkey says just save your money and put everything in at one time like during winter(sled season) but thats just my 2 cents.:beer

NOS_350X
04-26-2011, 03:09 AM
If your on a tight budget dont do it, Wait until you have the money to do chit right.

250r_doverdemon
04-26-2011, 08:05 AM
yeah im gonna wait and do it all at onc then and no i dont still have the 250r, the 350x might not be as fast but i do want the torque and fuel mileage il get out of it compared to the 250 since im going on a bear hunting trip this yr and i wanna be able to pull it out no problem but theres a lot of trail riding re-quired and i need the fuel tank to last