PDA

View Full Version : need help on 1980 yt 125 clutch or is it more

badlilboy90
04-24-2011, 06:30 PM
howdy ya'll i have a 1980 yt 125 tri moto motor is bored out to a 145 i changed jet from 200 to 220 main then throttle cable broke i have twist throttle as well so after 2 weeks of waiting finally got throttle cable in to find out wrong one hadf one made took 2 days to get that one done now i am having a problem with clutch or something else possibly i let my buddy ride it before he stretched the chain it ran great with the 200 jet and all you could get power band from 1 2 3 but 4th and 5 only half throttle and had to have choke on 1/3 way to have any power past half throttle it would die out well when i changed everything and got 220 in it now she runs great in top gears with no choke on but i let my budfy ride it and he went threw alot of water fast and got water into the trans case and i didn't know that and he can't ride a atv for trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro and always breaks something with a motor he always breaks it when u go to push down for first or pull up to second from neutral and hold suppose to stil be neutral but it wants to take off and in 1st 2nd and 3rd if you get past 18 throttle it starts making bad noise like the gears are slipping or stripped but in 3rd sometimes you can ride full throttle and no problem then sometimes u get the problem i am tryuing to figure out if the clutch is to blame or maybe nmore and also i have changed the oil 3 times twice with 75-90 valvaline gear oil and now i have just straight 30 in it always topped off to half way up the shaft you can see threw the oil input spot also the oil injection has been removed i will try to get a video sometime of it and i will put on you tube and copy link to here to see if ya'lls can't figure it out before i get a video made just trying to get her to run right so i can pull wheelies also when in 3rd and it's not acting up you try to pull front end up it'll start doing it so makes me wonder if it is clutch or loose gears only does it in 1st 2nd and 3rd and sometimes you can pull or push down and hold in 1st or 2nd to take off and it'll rev up and sometimes it wont it'll just try taking off as clutch not working help would be very well appriciated thanks T-Rob