PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever do a gastank with "KREEM"

Trikeaholic
10-19-2003, 08:14 PM
good idea, but the execution could be better. There is no way to get all that puddle out of the tank. Man, Im stoned off my noodle from huffin that crap all day. :?: :?: :?: got a mean headache. Hopefully it will do as advertised. I only saw 2 tanks done with it before. One, a local guy did his 200x and it looked great inside, like a new tank. the other was not leaking but when you took the cap off, it didnt look very "proffessional". Im hoping mine comes out the former.

Howdy
10-19-2003, 08:19 PM
I tried it twice. I can safely say that I won't be trying it again personally any time soon. I thought I followed the directions but didn't get the "Wanted Results".
Howdy

Xowner
10-19-2003, 08:56 PM
tank it to a lock rad shop thew charge me 20 bucks to boil and coat it and thew dont even mess up the paint

kdagenais
10-19-2003, 09:14 PM
I tried it and the only part I wasn't satisfied with was the coating which is the last process. The chemicals to clean the rust was very impressive cause it cleaned it up great. But my recomendation on the coating process is not to put the entire bottle in at once like the directions tell you to (Takes to long to dry). Would like to try to add just a small amount of the coating at a time. This will probally take longer but should look better when completed.
My gas tank was very rusty and really put this to the test. It has been 6 months since the treatment and have not had a problem to date.
I plan on at least giving it one mpore try before the jury is out in my court. I also wonder what would happen if you just use the cleanert and don't coat it?

jeswinehart
10-19-2003, 10:05 PM
i beleive 86 200X said take it to a radiator shop and let them coat the inside for cheap ( well i think so anyway) ( what i'd recommend also ).
i used " kreem" twice,,, first and last time ! i followed the directions to a tee and wasn't in no hurry either. in fact i left it sit on our old style hot water radiators for a couple of weeks to cure out while i messed with the rest of the trike and it still dripped gas along the seams.
maybe the tank was too far gone or i got a batch of bad stuff,,, i don't know.
hope you get much better results then i did. probbly be great prevenitive on a tank that had no issues you are gonna do a high dollar paint job on.

john

ATC crazy
10-20-2003, 09:42 AM
My dad and I also tried it on his motorcycle's tank which had rusted through. It worked like sh!t. He finally said F-it and bought a brand new tank from Yamaha :?

YamaChuck
10-20-2003, 04:14 PM
Heck I just buy Yamahas'. :-P :-P :-P