PDA

View Full Version : muffler broke off :(

three_wheelin45
04-23-2011, 02:16 AM
So today me and some freinds went rideing at creekside in splendora texas, Well we decieded to ask if we could ride on the dirtbike only track today and they let us. So after about 20 times of jumping this table top i jumped it this one time and right when i went up in the air i heard kaloung and when i landed my bike was just super loud. I was thinking omg what happend. I kill it and look around and bam the muffler was gone :mad: so I walk over the tabletop and see my exhaust laying on the base of the jump. So im like okay i got a spare bolt some where. So i get to lookeing and the whole support bracket that goes to the side of my grab bar brokeoff my exhaust. So I was like no way this is not going to stop me. So i grabbed a ratchet strap and went to work. Lol she holds up prety well. but tommorow ima weld the bracket back on. But man was i catching some air, it was such an awesome feeling clearing that table top. :D

muthey
04-23-2011, 02:37 AM
lmfao when I got my 225 dx the guy I got it from had done almost the same thing to the original muffler, was way too loud without it so I got a new one

three_wheelin45
04-27-2011, 05:14 PM
Yea i got here all welded back togeather :D shes back to normal...

sx250heath
04-27-2011, 11:13 PM
When i first got SX home i was riding around the yard and the tail pipe broke off (the pipe was rigged up). The sound reverberating around in my helmet was almost painful. My 200X had an XR 200 exhaust on it, when i started jumping it the brake disk would hit it.

Nubbinz
04-29-2011, 03:58 PM
My 185s has a rust hole clean through the spark arrestor and the part that goes in the engine is getting ready to give out... If it weren't for the fact my engine was designed to run with back pressure id just run a straight pipe with no muffler