PDA

View Full Version : 34mm pj trx250r carb. on tri-z. need help.

jmax857
04-22-2011, 10:48 PM
Okay so. I just rebuilt my tri z, top to bottom. I got it to run and idle with the stock z carb, but it was. Just too mix matched. With 85 and 86 parts and it was just going to be a headache.
So, I drove a hour to get a stock r carb. I have found a couple peoples post that have them, but no specifics on jettng or setup.I bolted er up and I can't seem to get it to even firee. It seems way too rich. I'm going to assume it has the stoock jetting, I can check tomorrow.but whatjets should be in it for a z?
It has a brand new b8es , brand new fuel pump, mixed 40:1 , but it has no air filter, I'm waiting for it to come in the mail.
So who uses these carbs? And what did you guys do to set it up? And what jetting? I tried lovering the needle all the way, turning the air screw, adjusting the idle everuthing. I need some help.

jmax857
04-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Took the carb apart, clean as a whistle. Has a 150 main jet in it, and an unknown pilot jet. Also the air screw is 2 turns out, and the clip is in the highest position.still won't even fire....

acidburn
04-23-2011, 03:51 PM
you could dial-a-jet and end the nightmare lol http://www.onlyatv.com/dialajet.php

Red Rider
04-23-2011, 06:17 PM
Since both bikes are 250's, I wouldn't think the settings on the new 34mm PJ would be so far out of wack that it wouldn't at least fire up.

I'm assuming you're not familiar with the new carb, so I'll ask what may seem like a stupid question (no offense to your intelligence intended). Did you try starting it with the choke on?

jmax857
04-23-2011, 08:39 PM
After some investigating, I came to find that my problem was a bad coil wire, while changing the carbs iu must have pulled the wire connectors on the coil to the stator apart. I assumed since it started with the other carb just dandy, it had to be the carb.
So it starts and runs.
I can't drive. It as of right now, I just put the motor together, and have no footpegs. I tried driving it but the clutch is slipping biiig time.
One concerne I had was that it will. Only start with the choke off, it runs best with the air screw out 1 turn, and the idle screw almost all the way up. If you try to make it run with the choke on, it just dies. Does that mean I need to go up a pilot? Its been a while since I jetted a two stroke so bear with my lack of knowledge.
One othe concern was it was sparaticaally pooring gas through the overflow on the bottom of the bowl. Could this be because of my fuel pump pushing too much fuel?

code200k
04-24-2011, 10:40 AM
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?55086-Carb-Jetting-101-Terms-Tips-and-Jetting-Theory
this mayb help you,I have refered to it many times

Bryan Raffa
04-24-2011, 11:23 PM
your float setting is wrong ,, or yout T fitting is plugged.. what in it for a pilot? start close to stock settings.....

jmax857
04-25-2011, 01:55 AM
your float setting is wrong ,, or yout T fitting is plugged.. what in it for a pilot? start close to stock settings.....

woah, hold on. what t fitting?
jets all stock. when i figure out my slippage problem i'll be tuning the sucker in.

Bryan Raffa
04-25-2011, 07:41 AM
thers a plastic T fitting after the fuel pump,,before the carb,, so when the float shuts off the fuel it returns to the tank,,, pull the hose off the back of the tank when running to verifiy that its clear,,if you pull it apart at the fitting you risk snapping the plastic fitting..

jmax857
04-25-2011, 01:39 PM
thers a plastic T fitting after the fuel pump,,before the carb,, so when the float shuts off the fuel it returns to the tank,,, pull the hose off the back of the tank when running to verifiy that its clear,,if you pull it apart at the fitting you risk snapping the plastic fitting..

okay well that is my problem with the gas spitting, i just installed a new mikuni square style fuel pump and lines, didnt know about the t fitting, but it makes perfect sense. is it just a regular 1/4 inch t fitting? or is it something special?