PDA

View Full Version : 1985 honda 125m need help

coltwayne45
04-17-2011, 11:04 PM
I have had my 125m since i was really little, it was my first bike. after years of sitting i decided to start using it again about a year ago. it never has ran perfect. it was givin to me by my uncle because it was wore out. well anyways i decided to make it a little mud machine out of it. so i got it running again (actually got it running pretty decent), put some old 80's style 32" "wooley boogers" on it and snorkled it out. i took it mudding a couple of weeks ago and went through a hole that was about 6" above the foot pegs and it did great. but when i went through it again but faster the water hit the motor and it bogged down and died. i finally got it cranked and drove it out of the hole. well then we decided to try our luck in a creek. the water started off at about the same depth as the previous hole and then drops about a foot or so. well as soon as the water hit the motor on that drop off it bogged down and died again. so the rest of the day i spent trying to keep it running through the mud which aint fun. it runs great on land. but i cant find any reason for it to die in the water. (FYI no water is getting in the air box or exhaust that i know of). all help would be appreciated. i just really want to get it running right so i can show these big 4 wheelers how to mud... thanks

Jason125m
04-17-2011, 11:15 PM
My 125 does the same thing. Not a good mud bike at all.. its done it aslong as i remember driving it. That was a major factor in buying my 250es... that thing loves the mud.

mrmello
04-18-2011, 12:41 AM
Is the recoil sealed up? I know that was the problem with my 200 until I sealed it. Water gets in the flywheel and kills the spark

RubberSalt
04-18-2011, 01:23 AM
Water also gets on the plug and shorts it to the frame(or leg in my case) happened to me with my KLT. Put dieeltric grease on every single eletrical component. The grease can be had for maybe $2 at auto zone or other store.

Want to put it around the plug and coil mostly, then the voltage regulate, cdi, stator, ect, all connections.

coltwayne45
04-18-2011, 08:30 AM
thanks guys. im going to go pick it up from where i parked it today and ill check all these things and tell yall what it was if i can get it to work. and JASON 125m, i had a 250es and that thing was a mud machine. i wish i still had it..

Jason125m
04-18-2011, 10:35 AM
Oh yeah, the 250es' don't die no matter what you throw at them... Over the rack and still runs perfect. Im going to try the same thing to my 125's to see if it helps. Thanks.

Jason.