PDA

View Full Version : 350x swingarm and pivot bearings

longbedGTs
04-16-2011, 05:45 PM
Im trying to replace the 2 large swingarm bearings and I cant find a way to knock them out. Theres a pipe piece in between them that I cant get to move enough to get a screwdriver(or equivelent) to hammer the bearing out from the other side. Ive thought to use a dremel but would like to hear of an easier way(if there is one). Any suggestions?
Also, the 2 little needle bearings in the front part where the bolt goes through. How do I get these out?

bugler30
04-16-2011, 06:00 PM
the center spacer should be able to push out of the way so you can get a lip on the bearings, depending how seized they outer races are to the carrier you'll have to beat the trailpro trailpro trailpro trailpro out of it but it will eventually come out. As for the pivot bearings the swingarm has to be out of the bike (obviously) and the pipe that runs through it also doubles as the inner race for the needle bearings. My bearings were non existent when I did mine and the outer was fused to the swingarm so I had to use an oxy-acetylene torch and a chisel to get it out. In short, both can be a bear of a job and requires patience and a BFH

longbedGTs
04-16-2011, 06:05 PM
the center spacer should be able to push out of the way

Dang, thats my problem. Now that I know it will move(or shall I say, should move) I'll get more physical with it.

bugler30
04-16-2011, 06:22 PM
just be careful not to break the carrier, they are not much more than pot metal. I upgraded to the billet aluminum one myself because mine had broke when I lost a set of bearings out in the sand dunes.

longbedGTs
04-16-2011, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the info. I got the bearings out with little struggle. I also thought the pivot needle bearings were stacked 2 side by side(4 in total) because looking inside them, there is a seperation between the rollers making me think there was 2 sets and I was WTF did someone put 2 bearings in each side? Anyway, I got them out and its all one bearing. hmmm
Thanks again!