PDA

View Full Version : I finally got my turn at getting a deal on a trike! im as lucky as you guys now

AtcFactoryRacer
04-15-2011, 11:57 PM
I heard from a friend about a guy that was selling an old three wheeler for cheap. So i got his number and he texted me this pic. He told me it hasnt ran in years, the starter wont do anything and it doesnt get spark, its missing the kickstart lever, the tank isnt rusty on the inside but its beat. Front and rear brakes work! Im meeting him tomorrow at 2pm he wants $200.00 for it!!!!!! This will make the 3rd 85' 250sx that i currently own. I probably wont be able to sleep tonight i cant wait to get it home!

I hope that the neutral/reverse indicator light connector that goes to the engine is just not making connection, that will keep it from getting spark and the starter wont work. Im hoping to work my magic and get it running without parts.

Im thinking a lil body work on the tank, a maier rear fender, and new tires and it will be ready for my buddy to ride when we go to trikefest

Dirtcrasher
04-16-2011, 12:41 AM
I'd say that puppy looks like a dead battery deal............

Great price and find though :beer

tri again
04-16-2011, 07:38 AM
pretty sure the neutral safety sw to the engine only keeps the starter from spinning.

you CAN hook that "N" connector to dead ground.
I rolled up a piece of speaker wire into it and just touch it to the case to get neutral light
and the starter would work. and then it could hang in thin air until you need the starter again.

pretty sure you do not need any of that to work if you have a kick starter.

I also have one with no key switch ind if all the ignition wires are hanging in thin aiir, it will start with a kick,
but not electrically, obviously

Have fun
new trikes are like christmas any time of year

Chris Salerno
04-16-2011, 07:47 AM
sounds like a good deal i just pretty much gave this same exact bike away i got it for $60 and traded it for clutch parts for my 200x and now i want one that runs lol good luck with it and congrats