PDA

View Full Version : My 200X Honeymoon is over ...

ctbale
04-13-2011, 04:43 PM
Get this 200X 2 days ago, never started it, and went thru it as good as I could, adjusted valves, timing chain, cleaned carb (looked new inside), fuel lines/filter. Checked the compression cold, 130psi. The muffler was oily so I expected SOME some smoke ... holy cow!! After it started I could not see across my driveway with all the blue smoke!!! I have never seen an engine smoke like this before, oh I stand corrected, when I accidental premixed one of my late 70s MX bikes to 20:1 So I guess this motor is coming down, needs a timing chain too. Maybe valves, the intake face thru the spark plug hole looked cupped. kick starter sort of slips so I will do the full monty and back cut the gears, (yes I have been reading a lot on this site)

rdlsz24
04-13-2011, 05:12 PM
When I bought my 200x back in 2008 the seller started it up in his pole barn and the whole place was filled with smoke almost instantly. His little kids went running for cover. When I tore it down I found this

http://200x.webs.com/images/JunkPiston.jpg

Even after rebuilding it still smoked for a while until all the crap got burned out of the muffler

Rob

ctbale
04-13-2011, 05:18 PM
shoot! thats bad, I am going to put about 5 mins on the motor, drop the warm oil, pressure wash the motor, and tear it apart. I have done about a dozen 70s and 90s. Any special pullers I need to pull the flywheel, clutch and split the cases. I have the PDF shop manual so thats going to help ... along with my credit card!!

rdlsz24
04-13-2011, 05:27 PM
The flywheel puller isn't really a "puller" at all, but a 14mm x 1.5 metric bolt that threads into the flywheel and pushes it off the end of the crank. You can buy them on eBay or get it way cheaper if your local Ace or True Value carries large metric bolts.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/rdlsz24/ATC200x/PullerBolt.jpg

If you have an impact gun it takes 2 seconds and you don't have to hold the flywheel from turning. But you can also do it with a ratchet and an oil filter strap wrench on the flywheel.

Rob

200xranger
04-13-2011, 07:24 PM
or if you have a spare front axle the threads and size are the same to pull the flywheel. little trick i learned on here. works pretty good!

hoosierlogger
04-13-2011, 08:01 PM
that didnt take long LOL. Dont feel bad I have 2 200x but I havent ridden either of them yet.