PDA

View Full Version : Front master cylinder issues

atc350xer
04-12-2011, 08:34 PM
I searched the search and found no answers... I grabbed a 400ex front master from the junkyard to put on the auto-x. I cleaned it and filled with fresh fluid, but when I pull the lever, no fluid comes out. What's the deal? I don't even have the hose hooked up and I still can't get fluid out the hole where the banjo bolt goes.

atc350xer
04-13-2011, 08:22 AM
bump... somebody here has to know hydraulic brakes... what happens to them that prevents brake fluid from moving through the front master?

fabiodriven
04-13-2011, 09:14 AM
Press the tip of your finger over the hole. Push on the hole and allow fluid to leak past your finger when you pull the lever, but do not allow any air or fluid to return when you release it.

If you hook the line up it will be easier to bleed the whole system at once.

atc350xer
04-13-2011, 09:20 AM
Press the tip of your finger over the hole. Push on the hole and allow fluid to leak past your finger when you pull the lever, but do not allow any air or fluid to return when you release it.

If you hook the line up it will be easier to bleed the whole system at once.

I'll try it... I wanted to make sure the master was good, so I was expecting the fluid to just leak out when I pulled the lever in. Thanks fabio.

EarlyBronocGuy
04-13-2011, 02:33 PM
Bench bleed it. It's basically hooking up a line to the output port and running the end of it back into the fluid, then pumping the piston to get all of the air out. Google "bench bleed" for more info.

atc350xer
04-13-2011, 03:23 PM
Well, it works now. Thanks for the advice guys!