PDA

View Full Version : 1985 honda 200s Faster mods but under 140 bucks

yamaha driver
04-12-2011, 07:31 PM
looking for mods with the most bang for the buck. i got 140 i kept to make this thing faster right now its completly stock any one have some cheap mods?

ametzker
04-12-2011, 07:50 PM
http://www.akunar.com/PRO_PISTONS.htm Get a hi-comp piston with a little bigger bore from here for $35 and a Hi performance cam off ebay for around $50. Most shops charge between 35-60 bore your cylinder. Get a top end gasket set to for about $20 off ebay. That will give it some more bite. Lap the valves while your in their and might as well get a sanding bit set from harbor freight and clean up the ports. Check out my profile page for a similar build that I did for under $100 in parts including a Cyl sleeve, and new carb, and a 63mm piston that I put in an SL 100 that originally was a 50mm piston. Thats a big bore. That motor would run circles around a 200s. PM if you have any questions.

atc350xer
04-13-2011, 08:25 AM
Lap the valves while your in their

Now I have been wondering about this... my manual says "NEVER" mess with the valves because the have a "special coating" and will fail "almost instantly" if you remove it.

redskinman
04-13-2011, 08:37 AM
http://www.akunar.com/PRO_PISTONS.htm Get a hi-comp piston with a little bigger bore from here for $35 and a Hi performance cam off ebay for around $50. Most shops charge between 35-60 bore your cylinder. Get a top end gasket set to for about $20 off ebay. That will give it some more bite. Lap the valves while your in their and might as well get a sanding bit set from harbor freight and clean up the ports. Check out my profile page for a similar build that I did for under $100 in parts including a Cyl sleeve, and new carb, and a 63mm piston that I put in an SL 100 that originally was a 50mm piston. Thats a big bore. That motor would run circles around a 200s. PM if you have any questions.

who makes those pistons?

ametzker
04-13-2011, 12:34 PM
ATC350xr To answer your question is yes and no..... they have a stelite coating so you don't want to grind the valves like you would on a car. But you can lap them with some fine lapping compound from your local auto parts store this will ensure a good seal and does not remove the stelite coating. All valves should be lapped new or old.

Redskin- Akunar is the main company that produces these pistons. They sell to alot of other companies that rebox them and raised the price.