PDA

View Full Version : Hey Ontario 3Wheelers..now this is an event to attend!!!

dougspcs
04-12-2011, 08:30 AM
http://www.algonquinwestatv.com/Home_Page.php

Poker Runs are a ton of fun!!

My brother and I already booked..I thought it would be fun to show up with my 3 wheelers and show them how we do it old school..

Kearney is almost 4 hours north of Toronto, but I have talked to some of the local club members and they promise it's worth the trip. They have hundreds of miles of trails up there..

So we are going on Friday, up early for the Poker Run Saturday. Party with the locals afterward, then up Sunday for more riding..

It will be a blast..any takers??

Xhumeka
04-12-2011, 04:04 PM
Sounds like a blast!! What type of terrain is to be expected in that area this time of year?

I seem to recall that area being VERY muddy and rocky, especially in the spring... great for 4x4 utility quads, but not so great for dirtbikes/ATCs...

dougspcs
04-12-2011, 05:27 PM
The pics on the website from previous events seem to indicate that most of the trails are old access roads..most likely logging or hydro access ways...

Looks pretty decent..and if there are some mud holes. Ride hard!!

And if it is truely ugly, I am taking my 4x4 Quad for my brother to drive..he can pull me out if needed. No worries!!

Should me a good test for my 250SX..just finished her up!!!

Jason125m
04-12-2011, 05:42 PM
Sounds like a blast!! What type of terrain is to be expected in that area this time of year?

I seem to recall that area being VERY muddy and rocky, especially in the spring... great for 4x4 utility quads, but not so great for dirtbikes/ATCs...

Sounds like my es' type of terrain =)

dougspcs
04-12-2011, 07:36 PM
I just bought a new trailer that can haul all of my equipment..so I am taking my 250SX, 250ES and me Honda Quad. That way I can change up if the the terrain doesn't suit the 250sx.

Also since this is a long haul ride weekend, I thought it would be great to have a backup in case of mechanical problems since there is 2 of us going. It's a WIN - WIN!!

You wanna haul up there Jason or are you going with the Ganny crowd?

My only issue with going there as I mentioned on another thread was that I am leaving Sarnia on Friday for a Saturday/Sunday ride weekend. There is no where to ride Saturday in the area of Ganaraska since all the trails around there don't open to ATVs til Sunday..lame. Ganny looked like a riot and I was thinking it would be cool to meet some of the guys in here..

RoscoW
04-13-2011, 08:51 PM
Call and ask if they will allow Three wheelers to participate. We've tried a couple OATVA events, and they said no, quads only.

Ross..

dougspcs
04-13-2011, 10:11 PM
Thanks, Rosco I will do that..

dougspcs
04-14-2011, 09:21 AM
Good news, Brent, one of the event organizers say yes to 3 wheelers..so onward and upward!!

Any takers??? I know Kearney is a long way North, but it will be fun as hell. Any North Bay/Sudbury riders up for the trip down..it's pretty close for you??

Xhumeka
04-14-2011, 10:49 AM
Sorry guys, next trip keep us posted and I'll try my best - but there's no way I'm missing opening weekend at the Ganny ;)

Jason125m
04-14-2011, 11:09 AM
Sorry guys, next trip keep us posted and I'll try my best - but there's no way I'm missing opening weekend at the Ganny ;)

Sounds like fun, but i'm in the same boat of Xhumeka... To the ganny!

hillbilly 200x
04-14-2011, 06:43 PM
^^ sorry dougspc :( I am with Jason and Xhumeka on this one, I can't miss the gannys opening weekend. It was been so long since I have been out for a ride

dougspcs
04-14-2011, 07:16 PM
Sorry to miss the fun and the chance to meet you guys..hopefully I can find the opportunity to catch up with you another time..