PDA

View Full Version : Video!! YT175 running after some port work

RubberSalt
04-09-2011, 01:18 PM
This is a vid i shot the other day. It's of my first port job +blaster(28mm) carb with 300main jet(now 330), stock reed cage with carbon fiber petals(home made), and a clamp on foam filter. I was tuning it in a little better due to it being extremely lean.

MOD EDIT: PLEASE DO NOT POST VIDEOS OR PICTURES OF RIDING WITHOUT A HELMET.
I was out of gas today, so I didn't get a new video of it yet. I don't want to waste to much time jetting the cylinder on it, but it is still lean up top.

Can't wait to finish up my next port job, with the blaster reeds, bigger triples, bigger transfers, and slightly lower exhaust. I'm going for a little more bottom end torque on it. I consider it my trail port, but until then, this vid is what I got.

atc007
04-09-2011, 01:50 PM
Prolly should have headed the advice to wear a helmet......

RubberSalt
04-09-2011, 02:41 PM
Normaly I do, but if I'm getting on and off alotI don't, It's a pain to put them on with glasses. I do advocate safety first, i went and bought helements for all my nephiews for that reason.
I do apprieciate the concern though. If you look at my videos from sandfest or anything not in that backyard, you'll notice the helmet. I could drive that place with my eyes closed(and wreck)!

I haven't had to write a thankyou letter yet to the helmet companies and I'm going to keep it that way :)

Chazz of Blades
04-09-2011, 10:44 PM
Lemme guess.

You were all like "I WANNA GO FAST", and the trike said "YEAH I DO TOO", and the clutch said "WHATEVER I DONT CARE RIGHT NOW", and then you were all like "IM GOING FAST WEEEE"?

AtcFactoryRacer
04-09-2011, 10:55 PM
Wow that thing rips! how do you compare it to the stock engine? how much H.P. do you think you gained?

RubberSalt
04-10-2011, 06:39 AM
Pretty much Chazz. It really sucked cuz i was running all over with it real hard that day(go figure). Everyone showed up for the BBQ and the fast trike broke lol.

Well well over stock, no idea on hp, what did stock have? 12? lol. And still tons more to come ;) Id take a guess i may be around 18-20hp right now, The was my first attempt at a port job without assistance also :-p