PDA

View Full Version : Somebody has to have seen one of these!! - maybe Howdy??

Dirtcrasher
11-16-2002, 03:13 PM
Got an 85 250SX carb yesterday, I had only seen a foggy picture that showed the fuel bowl drain going out horizontally. But now that it's in my possesion I see it has a hand operated choke :!: Never seen that on an SX. The idle screw is a cable set up instead of the plastic knob :!: And last but probably the worst is that it has less jets than mine and a weird main jet setup :?: It is the same exact housing!!!! My stocker actually has the mount holes for the idle cable mount and the choke pivot, it looks like the first Keihin carb ever made for an SX. Did honda make an 84??I've looked at Parts Fish, Bike Bandit but cannot find this model, what the he :!: l is it????? :rolleyes:

350Xrider
11-16-2002, 04:33 PM
Must have just been optional Hondaline equiptment. The choke on the other hand I dunno, but they sel choke conversion kits at dennis Kirk like that.

Dirtcrasher
11-16-2002, 05:04 PM
Nope, this is totally stock from the mounting brackets right down to the choke setup :shock: The giveaway is the missing jets, it's kinda like an air cooled versus a water cooled thing. Has to be first year to which I am unaware of or maybe ES 250 :?: :?: :?: HELP :!: :!:

Kilborg
11-17-2002, 02:43 AM
Its an aftermarket carb. 'Nuff said.

Dirtcrasher
11-17-2002, 11:06 AM
No, it is a stock Keihin, maybe not off an SX? Again, it looks like the first model.

Howdy
11-17-2002, 01:30 PM
I can't say I have ever seen one like that. How ever I have to agree with JohnnyBlaze. The carb companys do make other carbs that can look like the same. Not saying this is the case here for sure. But there is a good chance it is.

Kilborg
11-17-2002, 04:17 PM
Let me clear this up now. The carb is aftermarket. It may be a kehien, but it is not the same as stock. If by some chance it is the stock carb, it has been modified.

Dirtcrasher
11-18-2002, 10:18 PM
Dammit, I was really hoping someone had seen this! Maybe it is aftermarket but I figured that would be an improvement, The choke is almost inaccesable under the tank and the idle screw is no easier yet more parts and brackets than stock :shock: And for anyone who's interested , take a look at your stocker- just above the choke is a 6mm tapped hole that the manual choke pivots on - and under the bowl is another tapped hole that a bracket houses the bent at a 90 degree cable which adjusts the idle. All these different parts have the Keihin "K" stamped on them, I give up :? I found Keihins site and sent them an e mail - I'll let you know if they actually feel like wasting their time on me! Thanks anyway!