PDA

View Full Version : 200x RCM exhaust....

jsmay
04-04-2011, 01:13 PM
ok i know these are loud, i'm wondering has anyone every added a spark arrest to one of these? kinda need one for my area.. are they much louder than the regular DG 200x exhaust?

thanks jason

jsmay
04-07-2011, 07:19 AM
is there a big difference in noise with the RCM II over the regular DG pipes? also I have heard that they rot out quick... are the painted or do the just come primed? how do the compair noise wise to an old curtis sparks exhaust? any feed back on the RCM II would be appreciated..

RIDE-RED 250r
04-07-2011, 08:04 AM
Back in the day, my brother had an '86 200x with the DG RCM aluminum exhaust. It really wasnt that loud at all. Louder than stock, yes, but nothing like slapping an aftermarket system on the new 450s. Held up for years and years. What ended up happening was the mount tab on the muffler broke off and we never tracked someone down who could weld it up. I have the same system on my '86 Quadsport and I ride it up on Tug Hill and have never had any issues with the noise. Same thing, louder than stock but nothing like a piped 450. And its the aluminum setup as well. Dont get the black painted system, it will rot out. The aluminum setup will last MUCH longer. Its worth the extra money for the aluminum muffler.

jsmay
04-08-2011, 12:48 AM
thanks, all i see at the moment are the all steel ones.. I spoke to Dennis Kirk and the aluminum ones are on back order... figures. thank you though, jason

RIDE-RED 250r
04-09-2011, 06:47 PM
Glad to help. Also, try Rocky Mountain ATV. They have good prices too and might have the aluminum system in stock... I wouldnt waste the coin on the steel version...

shortline10
04-09-2011, 07:35 PM
Both Dg versions are a little louder than a Curtis sparks pipe IMO .
If your wanting a pipe that performs great and its tunable why dont you keep a look out for a supertrapp .

Xpress
04-09-2011, 08:10 PM
+1 on the Trapp. You can get one for your header pipe size, but the only place it'd be mounted at is on the engine, so you're going to have to look into a way to make a mount on it. Plus the ST is spark arrested.