PDA

View Full Version : 82' honda 110 deal or no deal

MRSOUND
04-04-2011, 09:22 AM
I can pick up a 82' 110 for $200. Here's the catch:confused: needs pull stater, front motor mount, headlight (bucket is still there), front tire doesn't hold air, and the plug threads are stripped out. Seat is torn but usable and plastics are all there but show wear and tear. Is this worth getting:wondering and fixing up? I can turn the the basket for the pull start freely but with no plug I can't tell the compression. Any feedback is appreciated!

dougspcs
04-04-2011, 09:40 AM
I just bought an '84 ATC110 (blue) for $600..it needs complete exhaust and steering mast bearing rebuilt. I will be about $900 and 4-5 hours work by the time I'm done.

You have to ask yourself, after I am done doing this are you going to love having it as part of your collection or did you buy it just cuz it was a deal?

Do you have alot of time and money to spend in this project? Unless you are a little guy this won't really rock your world as a daily rider..I'm 235lbs, 6'2". My 110 is mainly for my kids and I really wanted a Blue one!!! But it struggles to pull my azz in the high gear range.

So ask yourself those questions..if your gonna love it - fix it. If not part it or keep it for parts. I live in Canada and have to pay about $1000 for a decent machine, most in the US seem to get about the same machine for about $600-700. You should to..if you are new to the sport welcome. But be warned..there should be a sticker on these machines warning of their addictive qualities.

You won't be able to own just 1..I now have 3 and I just started in the fall. My 4 wheeler hasn't been touched in 4 months and asked me for a divorce...

MRSOUND
04-04-2011, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the input!!! I am new and haven't even completed the "tear down" of an 86 250es i got off of craigslist. Was calling a friend who is opening a motorcycle parts shop and asked if he could get me some parts for the big red. He said he doesn't stock anything but had the 110 if I was interested. Looked at it...of course I want it...but didn't want to go upside down on it either. (Financially or literally) Seems like fairly cut and dry to fix up, just wish I knew if there was good compression or not. Time and money are always concerns, but I'm already scavenging the garage and basement to see what I can get rid of on eBay to feed what my wife already considers an addiction. Thanks again for the response