PDA

View Full Version : added one to the stable! Got my girlfriend a 250sx

Deathrocket
04-01-2011, 04:06 AM
by chance I found a guy who has an old beat up 86 250sx and he wanted to get rid of it. so got the cash hooked up a trailer to the car and rolled over to see it. 3 flat tires, busted to all hell plastics, and a zipped tied headlight. as the story goes it was for his kids, they all rode it, beat it up and then left it to die :( it was "running when parked" so I offered $50 bucks and he took the offer, today the work started on bringing it back from the dead, ATF down the spark plug hole CHECK, disassemble carb and place in carb dip to de-goo CHECK, got the front tire to hold air, the back ones resemble Swiss cheese so there's no saving em, tomorrow to the tire shop to find some tires and mount em. and then hopefully on Saturday,. reassemble the carb, change the oil in the diff, case, and grease everything up. put some fresh gas in and hope for the best...

Tippmann98
04-01-2011, 09:03 AM
Keep us posted! I found the same type of deal for $150 but the tires weren't bad like yours. Had been parked 3 years in a barn. I don't know how long yours had been parked but make sure you have fuel running to the carb. My petcock was clogged and my float needle was seized. Goodluck!

H250SXRdR
04-01-2011, 09:30 AM
I got mine for two fifty. I had the same petcock problem, my rear tires were shot too but i found a set for twenty bucks on craigslist and its the most reliable bike i have right now.

TheRealFatShady
04-01-2011, 09:33 AM
Good idea on the differential oil.

I stripped my 86 SX and 87 TRX250 quad down last weekend....both rears were practically just water. Going to get all new bearings for em both.

Deathrocket
04-01-2011, 02:06 PM
heh, the petcock is in the same shape as the tank and carb.. BAD! after i get the tank cleaned out, on to the petcock.. the gas was almost black when it came out....