PDA

View Full Version : Mechanical help 250R and YTM200

jbmatt
03-28-2011, 12:49 PM
After a long weekend of riding it looks like I have along week of fixing ahead of me. My friend's YTM developed a loud knock in 1st gear. It is only in 1st. Any ideas on what I should look for.
Then while riding my R it started to stutter and then cut off. I went to startt it again and it is locked solid. It was 48 degrees out and I was running 36:1 Dominator.
Any ideas?

Yamaha_Rules69
03-28-2011, 08:25 PM
The 250r likely siezed due to a lean condition (leaking head gasket, base gasket, intake boot or gasket, improper jetting, main jet partially clogged, flywheel side crankcase seal) are the most likely culprits. As for the ytm, check the lever, drain the oil and inspect, check the chain and sprockets, then take off the right side clutch cover, and make sure the external shift mechanism is working. If not those, you may have to split the cases, and look at the shift forks, gears, etc.

KASEY
03-28-2011, 10:17 PM
The 250r likely siezed due to a lean condition (leaking head gasket, base gasket, intake boot or gasket, improper jetting, main jet partially clogged, flywheel side crankcase seal) are the most likely culprits

you figured it was lean from the description??? wow!!!! what color underware am i wearing?????

Dirtcrasher
03-28-2011, 11:07 PM
^ I heard you don't wear any.......... :lol:

I hear ya!

jbmatt
03-30-2011, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the recommendations. I will tell you what I find when I get into them this weekend.