PDA

View Full Version : 82 250r help!

apoole6
03-25-2011, 03:01 AM
Hey guys im new but i need help figuring out how to get the engine bolt that holds the engine in the back near the swingarm out. It wont come out cause of the frame is in the way so do i need to remove the swingarm to do this?:confused:

Toledo_Tommy
03-25-2011, 07:48 AM
Yes. To take the transmission out the swingarm has to come out , I just got done with a complete rebuild with mine 84R.

apoole6
03-25-2011, 09:57 AM
thanks man im gonna do that today and by the way my first project bike and i think i can get this thing runnin again.

apoole6
03-25-2011, 07:20 PM
can i get a new carb like mikuni and keihin carb for the 250r? If i can whats the size i should get.

Yamaha_Rules69
03-25-2011, 09:13 PM
The swingarm bolt tends to seize in there due to years of moisture, and nobody pulling them out to grease them. You most likely will need a good penetrating oil, like pb blaster or liquid wrench. Lay the trike on its side, spray it down, and let it soak down and let it sit for a couple days, soak regulary. Next get a big hammer, like a 20 pound sledge. Have a helper hold a solid piece of round bar (with a visegrip or two). Hit it like you mean it, and it will eventually budge. I had to hit mine about 100 times, and that was after it soaked - for weeks. Good luck, and hope you get it out.

As for the carb, the best one for a stock(ish) motor is a 34mm keihin carb, from a 85 or 86 250r. The 85 is round slide, and 86 is more like a flat slide. A carb off a 83-84 would be a upgrade from the 81-82 also, as the first gen used a 28mm keihin, and second gen had 30mm. But the best route would be the 85-86. I believe the 34 will fit in the stock intake boot, but it is a tight fit. ---- Jon.

apoole6
03-26-2011, 02:55 PM
thank you jon really appreciate i got the swingarm off and everything just looking to rebuild the motor.

apoole6
03-31-2011, 07:38 PM
http://www.buyatvpartsonline.com/mikuni-carburetors-genuine-mikuni-vm34-round-slide-carburetor-34mm-p-18134.html will this carb work for it?

Rollingmenace
03-31-2011, 11:52 PM
that carb should fit but may be a little big if your just doing a stock type engine rebuild ie (no porting , pipe, or big bore jug) i was planning on running a 34mm on mine with some extensive porting but changed my mind... i do have a stock 30mm carb off of an 84 which is a slight upgrade from the 27mm on the 81-82 bikes and mine ran great with it send me a pm if you would be interested in it and we could talk about a price.... Zach

H250SXRdR
04-01-2011, 09:56 AM
I just bought an 82 and am having trouble getting the swing arm pivot bolt bearings out. I have the new ones and have been trying with a hammer and pry bar from behind but got worried i would damage the slip. Looked on youtube for a demo and found one for a TRX but the carriers are different. Does anyone have any sugggestions? The outlet holes on the inside (where it holds the rear of the motor) is smaller than on the outside so it has to come out that way. IM SO CLOSE!!!! I built this thing from two rubbermaids full of parts. The motor is done, front end is tight and these bearings are seized. Hoping this is my last road block. PLEASE HELP

apoole6
04-01-2011, 02:23 PM
hold on your trying to get the bearings out right? sorry im not the smartest at this but i can try to help i mean my swingarm is fine got it out and the bearings are good.

Toledo_Tommy
04-01-2011, 04:35 PM
I sold my stock carb to a local guy , it was 30mm keihin. He is running it on his 82R ( mild mod upgrades ) Such as after market reeds and hes bore .40 over. The carb works great for him and i think it would be a great upgrade for your build. People told me the same thing when i was putting a a 36mm carb on my build and i'll tell you this . I couldn't be happier with the carb on my R , this bike is a pure beast! Here is a picture of my intake setup : 36mm keihin carb , vforce3 reeds , reed spacer , fl350 intake , and uni free flow air filter.
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee117/unpure_photo/rebuild4.jpg