PDA

View Full Version : 84 250R questions

unclecracker
03-23-2011, 08:05 PM
Pictured is the seat latch. Obviously mangled... Is this a part I can buy or do I need to fabricate?
Also, I haven't been able to find tank shrouds for an 84? (tried Maier, ebay, dennis kirk) any suggestions?

Yamaha_Rules69
03-23-2011, 08:30 PM
Your most likely going to have to fabricate that latch bracket, unless you can find a junk frame or someone who has one, then to cut it off, and send it to you to weld on. Im in the same boat, as my latch is snapped off, and I dont have the piece. As for the shrouds, they are really hard to find. You cant buy them NOS, and Maier dosent make them. I believe there was a member from australia named Ausiduner, who made some plastic reproduction scoops. Im not sure if they are the OEM style, or if they were remakes of the old school super scoops, I cant remember. I have also seen one guy (Ol Duece) make a set out of 350x scoops. He trimmed them down a bit, and they fit real nice, and looked good. That is the other option. Good luck!

younganreckless
03-23-2011, 08:58 PM
Your most likely going to have to fabricate that latch bracket, unless you can find a junk frame or someone who has one, then to cut it off, and send it to you to weld on. Im in the same boat, as my latch is snapped off, and I dont have the piece. As for the shrouds, they are really hard to find. You cant buy them NOS, and Maier dosent make them. I believe there was a member from australia named Ausiduner, who made some plastic reproduction scoops. Im not sure if they are the OEM style, or if they were remakes of the old school super scoops, I cant remember. I have also seen one guy (Ol Duece) make a set out of 350x scoops. He trimmed them down a bit, and they fit real nice, and looked good. That is the other option. Good luck!
Ya he got it right on the dot. i dont think any one could explain it better!

clvantress
03-23-2011, 09:08 PM
Good luck on the tank shrouds.....I've been looking for months and no luck......for the seat latch I have seen a few on ebay.