PDA

View Full Version : help needed asap atc 70 front wheel problem

seddon1985
03-23-2011, 01:38 PM
hi could you please help me i bought my son an atc 70 in bits to put back together but the top of the forks (tree clamp ) is missing and the front wheel spacers were missing too so i bought spacers of another 70 and when i put the front wheel on there is an inch gap on 1 side of the axle so i just wondered if you could measure your axle and spacers and let me know the sizes to check which of mine is incorrect as its his birthday in april and wanted to give him it as a gift if you could help it would be much appreciated ( andy )

ps one of my spacers is bigger than the other is that correct also i thinks its an 84 model

if this is posted in wrong place could you please tell me were to post it as im new thankjs

KASEY
03-23-2011, 07:27 PM
there should be 9.5 inches between the fork legs,,

seddon1985
03-25-2011, 04:12 AM
thanks for the help i will check today and let you know whats wrong with it

tri-Z ripper
03-25-2011, 02:09 PM
also check for a free manual on here. very helpful!!

seddon1985
03-30-2011, 05:39 AM
hi again i've search on the free manuals and doesnt say nothing about front wheel spacer size . anyway i measured the gap in between forks that was 9 inch , the axle was 9 1/2 inch , and the wheel with spacers on is 8 1/2 inch . can anybody help with my problem

atc350xer
03-30-2011, 08:30 AM
Pics would help!

seddon1985
04-07-2011, 03:29 PM
sorry it takes me so long to reply i work nights and dont get time to go on computer a lot. the trikes at my uncles so dont get down there much but i have made a pattern for the top of the triple tree yolk because my cousin is going to machine me one in work then i can sort the wheel out but i also want to get to wiring it up. has anybody any tips ,,, eg,, does it have a kill switch on the trike as well as the one on the thumb throttle assembly.
also ive got 3 wires coming out of the stator plate i know that ones black and i know where that goes but dont know were the other two go any help ( i will look what colour the other two are next time im down there but i think they are green and yellow )
thanks for the help so far its much appreciated

seddon1985
04-07-2011, 04:06 PM
i also bought another 70 bare frame and axle i think its an earlier one as its got an extra sub frame on the back which holds the seat on unless its not original as i looked every where and cant find same i will get pics

seddon1985
04-11-2011, 06:32 PM
hi again read a few posts from this site and managed to get the engine running the ht lead was knackered (rusty inside ) and the points were not opening so after a bit of messing about with points i got a good spark , it was soon running and now for my next job exhaust......

still waiting for top of forks though