PDA

View Full Version : 200x transmission issues

up-tyte
03-23-2011, 08:03 AM
My son's 200x is having transmission issues and we can't nail it down. When under power in 3rd or 4th gear it is acting like the teeth are jumping, you can actually feel the trike jerk. We pulled the trans this weekend and everything is okay and the clutch is within the service limits. After we put it together it ran fine for awhile but then started again. We're going to meet a group to ride next weekend and would like to get it fixed. Any ideas on what it could be or what to check next?

atc500x
03-23-2011, 08:13 AM
bend fork and worn gear,split cases!

fabiodriven
03-23-2011, 08:39 AM
atc500x knows his sh!t just so you know.

Silly question, but did you take a look at your counter shaft sprocket?

shortline10
03-23-2011, 04:48 PM
Ye def a bent shift fork , Check for uneven wear on the fork prongs , shouldnt be any shinny spots . Also look at the shifter drum for issues . Replace the gear associated with the bent fork and its mating gear .

up-tyte
03-23-2011, 06:34 PM
Looks like we are splitting cases this weekend. The forks didn't look bent when we had them out but the ends were a little shinny. The shifter drum looked good, no knicks or odd wear marks. When you say the mating gear would that be the one next to it on the same shaft or the one where the teeth meet? We have several parts motors so different gears should not be a problem. Thanks for the help.

shortline10
03-23-2011, 07:47 PM
The mating gear is the gear that locks into the bad gear on the same shaft . You most likely wont see a bent shift fork , it could just be worn and the tell tail signs are shinny spots on the fork prongs were it rides on the gear . Pay close attention to all the gears were they mesh together on the same shaft for damage , they should have a nice square edge were they meet .

Looks like we are splitting cases this weekend. The forks didn't look bent when we had them out but the ends were a little shinny. The shifter drum looked good, no knicks or odd wear marks. When you say the mating gear would that be the one next to it on the same shaft or the one where the teeth meet? We have several parts motors so different gears should not be a problem. Thanks for the help.

Dirtcrasher
03-23-2011, 08:37 PM
There is a factory spec for those shift fork ends, you'll need the manual and a mic to measure it up.

Jladymon
09-08-2024, 01:30 PM
My son's 200x is having transmission issues and we can't nail it down. When under power in 3rd or 4th gear it is acting like the teeth are jumping, you can actually feel the trike jerk. We pulled the trans this weekend and everything is okay and the clutch is within the service limits. After we put it together it ran fine for awhile but then started again. We're going to meet a group to ride next weekend and would like to get it fixed. Any ideas on what it could be or what to check next?

Hey man, my 200x is doing about the same thing, but it occasionally it seems like it shifts itself down a gear, and I can’t got ten feet in first gear with having to shift. I start it up, put it in first, take off in 1st, and I pretty much have to immediately go to 2nd gear.
They say that the 200x is supposed to be able to go around 58 mph, but I can’t get it past 32-35 mph. If anyone can explain it would be very helpful!!

Jim mac
09-08-2024, 04:47 PM
just a guess, have you checked to see what sprockets your running front and back, and how tall the rear tire is? jim

Dirtcrasher
09-10-2024, 09:48 PM
Hey man, my 200x is doing about the same thing, but it occasionally it seems like it shifts itself down a gear, and I can’t got ten feet in first gear with having to shift. I start it up, put it in first, take off in 1st, and I pretty much have to immediately go to 2nd gear.
They say that the 200x is supposed to be able to go around 58 mph, but I can’t get it past 32-35 mph. If anyone can explain it would be very helpful!!

You'll never reach top speed if you aren't in your top gear.

Motors jump out of gear from bent shift forks, bad gear dogs, rounded holes on the mating gear. If you'r lucky it's a drum stopper or other external issue from the center case.

In most cases, you will have to take the motor out, remove the top end, and split the cases to find the issue. Or send it to someone that can do it for you.