PDA

View Full Version : lots of ytms lately

leevarnado
03-21-2011, 10:28 PM
anyone else notice how many tri moto's popping up lately.

muthey
03-21-2011, 10:49 PM
there sure has, which is ok with me as I have more knowledge with them than hondas at the moment. Everyone says how bullet proof hondas are, and I don't disagree but I'm here to tell you how strong a 225 dx is, my reverse went out in my 73 dodge pickup on Friday, and I used m ytm to pull it out of my driveway, up a 12 inch incline of ice, and also from four pockmarks from the tires. I still have all the forward gearing in this automatic, but the reverse pinged and then there was nothing. this is a 5700 lbs. truck that it moved with 31" tires, my wife didn't think it would do it and I was more concerned with am I going to end up doing a wheelie.

WIkid500
03-22-2011, 12:20 AM
I'd take my YTM-200 over any Honda any day, and I own a Honda. The hell I have put my ytm through and it just keeps coming back for more is why they are still around. Biggest failure I have had with mine is a broken shifter shaft. Other than that it takes full throttle for hours, mad mud, sunk in ponds that go deeper than the handle bars and keeps begging for more hell.

big yeller
03-22-2011, 12:25 AM
i love my yamaha but damn parts are hard to come by. i can find just about any thing for the br and they are cheap too.

muthey
03-22-2011, 02:05 AM
what parts are you looking for big yeller?

brd812
03-22-2011, 09:05 AM
I don't bash, but I'm a Yammi rider..... I own a couple of Suzuki's that I love, but my one regret is selling my Tecate (I loved that beast). As far as parts go its fairly easy to get parts as long as the guy working behind the counter of your bike shop has as much knowledge or more than you do. 225 motor was in use all the way up to 05 or 06 . Glad to see everyone enjoying there trikes.

vartz04
03-22-2011, 09:44 AM
I could find 225dx/dr's 3 to 1 compared to big reds for sale, thats why I got the one I got.

hang&rattle
03-22-2011, 10:08 AM
Onnie's first trike 5-6 years ago was a Yamamha, & seen lots for sale here a couple years ago. Now they seem to be poppin' up again. I like the Yamamaha's & Kawasaki's. It's like Ford, Dodge, & Chevy, they're all the same, it's just the luck of the draw of what you've had the most luck with. I'm one of the one's that has had no luck with Honda's thus far, but fortunate there are so many Honda's produced that there are alot of parts bikes. Thank goodness so many of the Honda's did break down and wear out, otherwise parts would be really expensive. But the interchangability for Yamaha and Kawasaki is getting more refined. Also many members producing rare parts for all 3-wheelers. If it has 3 wheels it'll be survived by us.