PDA

View Full Version : 200x

Run A muck 200x
03-21-2011, 08:09 PM
Ok guys need help i was reserching around and been hearing that the xL185 CAM is a hop up for the 200x trike is this at all true Thanks for the help!!:wondering

younganreckless
03-21-2011, 08:10 PM
No I dont think so, I think it is xr200 cams are but don't hold me to it!

Run A muck 200x
03-21-2011, 08:19 PM
ya the XR200 cam is a hop up put im hearing that the XR185 cam is to really need your guys thoughts

ironchop
03-21-2011, 09:44 PM
"hop-up" is a kinda generic term that`s really vague regarding cams

cams have different lobe heights, durations, and lobe seperations...all three are interdependent as to how the motor performs when you add a certain cam and, it all depends on what you want the motor to do.....do you want super low end with little or no topend?, more mid and top end?, all topend?, broad range?

it`s not a good idea to just buy a cam and drop it in without learning the specifics of cam design and expect to get an extra 5 horse or 15mph out of a cam swap...it just ain`t gonna happen like that....sometimes you sacrifice one part of performance for another when choosing the right cam.

I`m not trying to be a dick or complicate things for you, I just don`t want to try and give an all-encompassing answer to a vague question....and with cams, nothing is black or white.

to attempt to answer you, yes it will fit.....No, I`m not sure it will give you much difference in performance and unless you got a new one for free, it`s just as economical to buy a Web cam and get what you want out of your cam