PDA

View Full Version : 185 sputters out and dies when I stab the throttle help!!

nicker71
03-21-2011, 07:26 PM
I've searched and haven't found what I'm looking for. I have a 185s motor that I just put in my 200x. I bought the 185 and only rode it for one min around the street it didn't run very good but it had been sitting awhile so I figured dirty carb. Long story short I swap out motors and clean out the carb and can't get rid of the bog when I stab the throttle. I've cleaned it many times and adjusted the mixture screw in both directions and can't get it to go away. Idles good
and if I slowly give it gas it will run good wot. Ive adjusted needle up and down, and nothing. Ive checked for a leaking intake and
It seems good. Choke is working fine. Motor doesn't smoke looks to be a
Low hour engine. One thing I noticed was that it has a 38 pilot which I believe is larger than stock with the stock main jet. Ive tried using my 200x carb but it seemed to be off more than the 185 carb. I'm stumped please help

Xpress
03-21-2011, 07:50 PM
Sounds like your jetting is too high, and it's bogging down with too much fuel.

tecate 250rr
03-21-2011, 08:01 PM
Jet to spec and start there. Had a similar thing happen to my KX125 turned out to be a clogged main jet,even after boiling it 5 times. I now take the carbs apart and use Berryman's carb cleaner from autozone $20 cant beat it cleans them like new and dissolves any gum or varnish in the carb.If that doesn't do it it's most likely your CDI.